Escape- District/FR Recent changes

Sand and Seas

Does the District Brewhouse still have appetizers on their menu?

We are reading from recent cruisers that Food Republic's menu has changed. The District had Pub Sliders, Lobster Rolls, and a couple of other items that don't appear to be available from the next-door Food Republic now.

I snapped a picture of the Food Republic menu, as you can see the notes from the hostess, it looks like it was used for her to study the new stuff.

No sliders or lobster. Don't hold me to it, but maybe the skewers were on the District menu? Peruvian Skewers sounds familiar but I could be wrong.

food-republic-menu.jpg

I just pulled up the old FR menu (on Beyondships) to compare with the new one BNBR posted for us. Some of the prices for returning items have sky-rocketed:

Rock Shrimp Pad Thai was 6.00 now Shrimp Pad Thai is 12.99

Kimchee Fried Rice started at 4.00 now starts at 10.99

Teriyaki Chicken was 5.00 now 6.99

Perhaps portion sizes have changed:confused:

I just pulled up the old FR menu (on Beyondships) to compare with the new one BNBR posted for us. Some of the prices for returning items have sky-rocketed:

Haven guests do get 1/2 off the first night, for what that's worth. Margaritaville, THAT is a ripoff now... $20/pp for lunch!

Haven guests do get 1/2 off the first night, for what that's worth. Margaritaville, THAT is a ripoff now... $20/pp for lunch!

My husband loves a good burger which is why we were glad the Pub Sliders were so good in Food Republic and the District. With those gone along with several other favorites in there we will give it a try, but might not be in there 3 or more times a cruise like on our last couple of Escape cruises. (Going on our 7th Escape soon.)

Margaritaville just not worth that new cover charge. Sad waste of good deck space.

My husband loves a good burger which is why we were glad the Pub Sliders were so good in Food Republic and the District. With those gone along with several other favorites in there we will give it a try, but might not be in there 3 or more times a cruise like on our last couple of Escape cruises. (Going on our 7th Escape soon.)

Margaritaville just not worth that new cover charge. Sad waste of good deck space.

Not sure if you cruise in the Haven, but Margaritaville was free the first day for Haven guests. But yeah, Margaritaville never had more than 3 or 4 tables, on a sea day, during lunch. What a disaster that idea was. Even the hostess admitted how awful the cover charge was when I asked if it was a la carte or cover. What a great concept if it was back to a la carte pricing. The burger I had there was really very good and the nachos are AWESOME. But it's hard to justify $40 for a cruise lunch. We did it anyways....

Considering it's location on the ship, it should be jam packed for lunch, music, margaritas, huge nachos, etc. But was a ghost town. This picture was during a sea day lunch, around 1PM.

nachos.jpg

Only cruised the Haven once, now back to the regular cabins for us:D

Those Margaritaville Nachos look good, but it may be cheaper for us to visit the Las Vegas location and enjoy a full meal with the full Margaritaville menu & atmosphere there. Great Cuban sandwiches, Volcano exploding, Jimmy Buffet videos and Nachos!

No they are preparing for NYC departures. They did the same thing a few years ago, same restaurant, higher prices out of NY. FYI that food Republic menu.......let’s just say.......I will pass on that place.

No they are preparing for NYC departures. They did the same thing a few years ago, same restaurant, higher prices out of NY. FYI that food Republic menu.......let’s just say.......I will pass on that place.

Never even thought of that. What a class move.

wow..that's horrible.. they are really nickel and dime it.

deleted

Guess you got your answer, lol. But to clarify if anyone else would be curious.

Haven was free at Margaritaville for lunch the first day only (half off at Food Republic first night only). My guess is so they don't overwhelm the Haven restaurant. Any other time Margaritaville is $16.95 plus service charge which came to $20.04 I believe.

I was surprised at how few Haven people went to Food Republic the first night. Almost nobody there in general, let alone Haven guests. 50% off at Food Republic is a sweet deal for the quality of the food.

Haven was free at Margaritaville for lunch the first day only (half off at Food Republic first night only). My guess is so they don't overwhelm the Haven restaurant. Any other time Margaritaville is $16.95 plus service charge which came to $20.04 I believe.

I was surprised at how few Haven people went to Food Republic the first night. Almost nobody there in general, let alone Haven guests. 50% off at Food Republic is a sweet deal for the quality of the food.

Yes, thanks. Saw your other post later on.

Thanks for the nacho pics - always heard about them. How were they? Was there much meat on them?

Yes, my guess is so many people at once first day for lunch they try to divert folks.

The 50% off is nice but if they are jacking up prices for NYC sailings that isn't so nice.

On the Escape last week and for two couples we were charged one cover charge per couple. I would agree that for lunch, the cover charge per person is over the top, while there was plenty of food on the plates (and their key lime pie was delicious) I can only eat so much at lunch and hated to leave so much on the plate. It would have been doubly hard to justify if we'd paid per person.

On the Escape last week and for two couples we were charged one cover charge per couple. I would agree that for lunch, the cover charge per person is over the top, while there was plenty of food on the plates (and their key lime pie was delicious) I can only eat so much at lunch and hated to leave so much on the plate. It would have been doubly hard to justify if we'd paid per person.

I wonder if that's a new policy, a screw up, or the waiter just trying to be nice. We were definitely charged 2 cover charges for the 2 of us when we had lunch a couple of weeks ago.

I wonder if that's a new policy, a screw up, or the waiter just trying to be nice. We were definitely charged 2 cover charges for the 2 of us when we had lunch a couple of weeks ago.

I think it was our waiter trying to be nice. All my husband had was a side salad and cheesecake, I had and order of nachos with salsa, fish tacos and key lime pie, none of which I could finish. Our friends both had starters, meals and dessert but could not finish theirs either.

Does the District Brewhouse still have appetizers on their menu?

We are reading from recent cruisers that Food Republic's menu has changed. The District had Pub Sliders, Lobster Rolls, and a couple of other items that don't appear to be available from the next-door Food Republic now.

The District currently has these 4 appetizers: Crispy Salmon (sushi roll) 7.99, Salmon Tandoori Naan 6.99, Goan Chorizo Scotch Egg 4.99 and Firecracker Shrimp 6.99

The salmon roll and naan both looked good as someone sitting nearby ordered both one evening, but I can't specifically say as I did not eat at The District.

The District currently has these 4 appetizers: Crispy Salmon (sushi roll) 7.99, Salmon Tandoori Naan 6.99, Goan Chorizo Scotch Egg 4.99 and Firecracker Shrimp 6.99

The salmon roll and naan both looked good as someone sitting nearby ordered both one evening, but I can't specifically say as I did not eat at The District.

Thanks for letting us know. We will be back on the Escape in early April.

I just read those four choices to DH and he is not looking happy:eek:

• Just off the Escape and we ate at FR first night with the 50% off the first night. It was more than 1/2 full when we were there. This was our first time on the Escape so I have nothing to compare it to. We were glad we tried it, it was ok - lamb chops were the only thing that was outstanding - didn't feel it would be worth a second full price visit.

If I hadn’t been reading this post I would not know all this, is this publicised anywhere?

If I hadn’t been reading this post I would not know all this, is this publicised anywhere?

It may change between sailings. So I'm sure it's not posted officially anywhere.