Almost 30% Increase in Cost of FTTF???

Shaded Lady

I've been wondering why FTTF hasn't come available for my Vista cruise next year... just found out why!

Carnival announced yesterday that the price of FTTF for 7 days increased to $89.95, almost a 30% increase :eek:. I'm sure now that they've been holding adding FTTF to most cruises next year until this increase was announced, so that people wouldn't jump in and buy them at the lower price.

Well hopefully that boneheaded move bites them in the butt, and the net due to increased cost is MORE than offset by those who tell Carnival to stuff FTTF!

While it was marginally valuable to us at one point, they've just elevated it into the realm of outrageously priced!

It really is a waste of time and money. Once you put your deposit down...you can reserve your time. Which should be early. The only real gain is early access to your room.... By the time you board...have a welcome cocktail. walk the ship ...have some lunch ...Cabins available. When the price was lower it had some marginal value..... At this price its a ripoff and a waste of $90 that can be used for drinks or an excursion

Simple supply and demand. Supply is somewhat limited, demand is high as almost every cruise sell out the FTTF. As long as people will cause it to sell out Carnival will continue to 'fine tune' the price upwards.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Well what do you expect when you have people on these boards bragging how they spend hours checking 510 and 20 times a day for weeks on end for the privilege of spending $70 to save a few minutes on board. I think they would just sell just as many at $200 a pop

I've been wondering why FTTF hasn't come available for my Vista cruise next year... just found out why!

Carnival announced yesterday that the price of FTTF for 7 days increased to $89.95, almost a 30% increase :eek:. I'm sure now that they've been holding adding FTTF to most cruises next year until this increase was announced, so that people wouldn't jump in and buy them at the lower price.

Well hopefully that boneheaded move bites them in the butt, and the net due to increased cost is MORE than offset by those who tell Carnival to stuff FTTF!

While it was marginally valuable to us at one point, they've just elevated it into the realm of outrageously priced!

FTTF is no longer worth it for me. I will not buy anymore. I have enjoyed when it was a price point that I felt was right, but now it has passed the point that I will pay for.

Well what do you expect when you have people on these boards bragging how they spend hours checking 510 and 20 times a day for weeks on end for the privilege of spending $70 to save a few minutes on board. I think they would just sell just as many at $200 a pop

Got that right...LOL

As stated, I don't think you understand business 101. Why would this bite them in the butt, it's EXTRA charge, you do not have to purchase. The FTTF is a profit center, it costs them nothing to implement the program. It is by far a "bonehead" move it is strictly a supply and demand situation

It really is a waste of time and money. Once you put your deposit down...you can reserve your time. Which should be early. The only real gain is early access to your room.... By the time you board...have a welcome cocktail. walk the ship ...have some lunch ...Cabins available. When the price was lower it had some marginal value..... At this price its a ripoff and a waste of $90 that can be used for drinks or an excursion

Once you put your deposit down...you can reserve your time. - Since when?

It's definitely worth it to me. I'll continue to buy it and those who don't want to spend that money on it, will just be opening up spots for other people who do want to buy it.

Completely agree and was about to say the same thing. More spots for the rest of us who DO want it and feel it's a luxury well worth paying for to enhance our vacation experience.

I will always get it and love being able to sail right on the ship after the Plats & Diamonds, head straight to my ready cabin and take my sweet time unpacking before heading up to a still empty Lido for lunch.

Just between the early boarding and Priority Guest Service line, to me FTTF is well worth paying the extra expense.

Supply and demand. The internet has taught us that things should be how we want them. I'm quit confident that they could sell this at over $150 a person, especially if they added priority access to food lines and Punchliner, to name a few.

I don't personally think its worth the cost, but its not so insane of a cost considering that a 50 minute message at a peak time can cost twice this.....it all seems relative to me....

Edited by famof4togo

It sucks that they raised the prices but to be honest I'm surprised they waited as long as they did. The demand is so high for the product it didn't make sense for them to keep so low. I don't know if it is worth it for me still but I will still consider it for my next cruises.

Hey if you don't like it, don't buy it. Just arrive a little later to the port or cruise a little more and become Platinum.

Also, it is a great move by Carnival. So many cruises are sold out on FTTF so raise the price until it doesn't any more. More profit for the shareholders.

If you don't like it, move along.

Hi

I am pretty confident that the price will have to go somewhat above $100 before they see any easing of demand. Just look at how many people on this site that say they wouldn't cruise without it. People just love the idea that they can pay something and move up in the line. So, I figure at least two more bumps in the next year or so. $120 for 7 days seems very likely.

Once you put your deposit down...you can reserve your time. - Since when?

You do not have to wait until your cruise is fully paid to select your arrival time.... You can do it once your cruise has been reserved with a deposit.

You do not have to wait until your cruise is fully paid to select your arrival time.... You can do it once your cruise has been reserved with a deposit.

No, you have to wait until the arrival time choice becomes available which is somewhere around 180 days before sailing.

What more is carnival going to offer its guests for increase of FTTF prices

Or is Carnival just gettin deeper pockets and want more dam GREED just like Disneyland higher prices and give you nothing more/different back in return

Karma is a SOB

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, you have to wait until the arrival time choice becomes available which is somewhere around 180 days before sailing.

Thx...someone on these boards keeps saying you can reserve once your reservation is made (with your booking number)..... I kept saying NO....So I guess I was partially right?! LOL I never book that far out....so I guess it wouldn't be an issue with me.

What more is carnival going to offer its guests for increase of FTTF prices

Or is Carnival just gettin deeper pockets and want more dam GREED just like Disneyland higher prices and give you nothing more/different back in return

Karma is a SOB

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think you are getting it. They don't have to offer anything extra. They are turning away guests every cruise. I hope they are getting deeper pockets as I am a stockholder.