No coke, no joke? please explain

SanFranCruzer

I just read that there was a policy change and no coke is allowed. Doesn't NCL allow one 12 pack to be brought on as carry on? am I missing something here?

Sorry but no. Only allowed 2 bottles of wine per person with a 15 dollar corkage fee..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just read that there was a policy change and no coke is allowed. Doesn't NCL allow one 12 pack to be brought on as carry on? am I missing something here?

nope and the same applies to RCI and Carnival. Each have contracts with certain venders. this has been the policy for over a year now. Our granddaughter is facing the same thing as she prepares for her RCI cruise next month. She doesn't drink anything but Dr Pepper, not even coffee, but she knows she needs something to keep her going. She has decided she will just have to be satisfied with drinking coffee. The last time she cruised she could bring a 12 pack on.

No coke.

If you have a wad of dollar bills, you can try to buy some in the terminal after security and carry it onboard.

NCL: Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soft drink and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

nope and the same applies to RCI and Carnival. Each have contracts with certain venders. this has been the policy for over a year now. Our granddaughter is facing the same thing as she prepares for her RCI cruise next month. She doesn't drink anything but Dr Pepper, not even coffee, but she knows she needs something to keep her going. She has decided she will just have to be satisfied with drinking coffee. The last time she cruised she could bring a 12 pack on.

You can bring cans on with Carnival and a bottle of wine.

There is no tastier drink than a can of Coke

I think if you drink the wine in your cabin, there is no corkage fee?

Not true on Norwegian. That's how it works on royal though, but they also limit you to two bottles per room.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

As I stated you are charged the corkage when you try to take the bottles on board and then you take them with you so it doesn't matter where you want to drink them, you have paid the $15 on each.

If you leave them in your luggage the luggage will be held till the evening and you will have to pick it up then and pay there.

It's charged as you board, so how would they know where you're going to drink it?

There is no limit, but the fee is paid when you board the ship with no concern as to where you consume the wine.
The they in my comment was royal - all in the same sentence is referring to one subject (royal). I would have needed to add in Norwegian to be talking about Norwegian.

"That's how it works [no charge if consumed in room] on royal though, but they limit you to two bottles per room"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ahhh then. The woman who was bragging about bringing on 4 bottles of wine because she lied to security about having 2 cabins, was also lying about not having to pay corkage because they kept the bottles in their cabin (and they poured glasses there to carry to other venues on the ship). I should have figured that out.

Carnival still let's you take 12 cans of soda on board so, if you can't manage without Coke for a week, you have a choice.

You can bring cans on with Carnival and a bottle of wine.

There is no tastier drink than a can of Coke

Actually Carnival serves Coke products on board. We bring a hard-sided suitcase with 24 Pepsi's and 2 bottles of champagne whenever we go on Carnival.

Carnival still let's you take 12 cans of soda on board so, if you can't manage without Coke for a week, you have a choice.

are you sure about that? have you cruised them recently? I was told they did not.

This is interesting to say the least as the person who told me you can't bring it on Carnival is rarely wrong when it comes to cruising and she checked. so I guess you don't know who to believe. I know you can bring 1 bottle of wine on Carnival but I didn't realize you could also bring soda.