Question about Upgrades

simrox9

I don't know if its been discussed before, but on a FB page I read they were saying the upgrades are also based on a lottery system. Case in point, one person said that she and her friend both bid on a balcony room. She bid more than the minimum amount but her friend only bid the minimum. Her friend who only bid the minimum got the upgrade and she did not. So, is the upgrade system based more on luck?

I think it also takes into consideration what you initially paid for your room, as well as your loyalty status.

I think it goes on cost, or total $$$ from the same Cat. of room. NCL is going to get as much as they can from a cabin. I've been Platinum for awhile(Almost plus) I was told that they use the Loyalty status discount for every past guest the same, Unless you are Ambassador level.

My Question on a upgrade.

We booked a inside cabin, we got the upgrade offer for ocean view or Balcony. We was awarded a Balcony Cabin for $200 more Total.

We leave on the Escape April 14th (Less then 30 Days from now) will we get another Upgrade offer?

Looking online there is a lot of rooms empty. I'm happy with a Balcony we are never in the room, but fresh air is nice. We've been in every type of room. They only real perk being in a suite is Cagneys or suite dining room for breakfast/ lunch.

We booked a inside cabin, we got the upgrade offer for ocean view or Balcony. We was awarded a Balcony Cabin for $200 more Total.

We leave on the Escape April 14th (Less then 30 Days from now) will we get another Upgrade offer?

Looking online there is a lot of rooms empty. I'm happy with a Balcony we are never in the room, but fresh air is nice. We've been in every type of room. They only real perk being in a suite is Cagneys or suite dining room for breakfast/ lunch.

No guarantee on receiving an offer to bid, some travel agencies have opted out of the bid program. When we have booked less than 80 days out, the offer to bid has come within 48 hours of making the booking.

Thats great. We are on this cruise too, still waiting for our upgrade acceptance/rejection. There are lots of empty rooms, I thought this sailing would be busier with all MA schools having spring break.

Thats great. We are on this cruise too, still waiting for our upgrade acceptance/rejection. There are lots of empty rooms, I thought this sailing would be busier with all MA schools having spring break.

No idea why its so empty.

Thank you for your responses. So it seems that there are a few different metrics that come into play just besides the bid amount.

Hi,

We had an aft inside Cabin on the NCL Epic 7-night Mediterranean on 4/22. I got 2 offers for upgrades; Mini-suite and a balcony. It said you could up your chances of getting 1, if you bid on more than 1. So I put the minimum bid on both and got a mid-ship balcony. We are first time cruises. Loyalty was not a factor, but maybe bidding on both was?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Loyalty was not a factor, but maybe bidding on both was?

Loyalty definitely *was* a factor. First-time customers are more apt to have bids accepted to entice them to come back.

Loyalty definitely *was* a factor. First-time customers are more apt to have bids accepted to entice them to come back.

I thought that originally, myself; that I could have gotten it because we are first -timers. I just was referring to loyalty in respect to us having been loyal to them; as mentioned in the previous posts. Just a matter of interpretation.😊

This question may have been asked and answered, but are Guaranty staterooms eligible for the upgrade bidding process? TIA

I currently have an inside ID gty booked and we were given the option to bid for an upgrade.

Thx,

Debbie