NCL - How do I find a good TA

MplsMama

Hi Everyone-

Can someone point me to a TA? I keep reading about all the extras that TA's can help with...

Thanks!

unfortunately we're not allowed to say on here, but if you try to reach out on facebook to your friends, someone will undoubtedly have used one before. Mine goes by referrals, so they are eager to do a great job.

Can TAs offer a noticeable discount over the list prices on NCLs website?
The fare price is the same, unless that travel agency is doing a group booking. What they do is often give you obc, free specialty meal, bottle of wine, etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yu can almost always do better w/o a TA stuck in the middle of your reservation. Plus a lot less hassle if something dos do wrong.

Actually, a TA isn't stuck in the middle of your reservation. You can still book all your tours/food/whatever you want, without having to deal with them, or they can do it for you. Also, if there is a problem, a TA can advocate for you, spend hours on the phone with customer service, that you don't have to do. They can help fill out forms or not, they can help plan your pre/post cruise or not. TA's will most likely be worth your while, they almost always can match or beat a cruise line's price, they often can see rooms/cabin inventory you can't always see, they spend time looking for price reductions for you and they can all throw in some fancy extras.

Oh and they do all this for free......

Yu can almost always do better w/o a TA stuck in the middle of your reservation. Plus a lot less hassle if something dos do wrong.

This... if you can use a mouse (even slowly) you can do everything yourself. I honestly fail to see what value a TA adds, the NCL website is simpler than Amazon! One can even call them on the phone (but don't tell a millennial that ;p)

... says the 53yo 'old fart' (me).

Hell you can even book via this website, so if you got this far...

They certainly can save you some money. When I booked my upcoming 7 day Bermuda, NCL price for my category BC balcony was 1299, but my TA offered a price of 1107.30. Guess it was a group price.

The TA also threw in $150 OBC. Last time I booked a suite through this TA, they threw in $700.

This TA will charge a cancel fee of $100, but if you are willing to commit to the cruise, it is no issue.

No thanks. I much prefer being in control of my own reservation.

I ran into issues using a NCL PCC. She did fine booking my cruise, but when DASH sale suddenly appeared right after I booked, I left PCC a message asking to have this promo applied to the booking. She never got back to me.

I asked a rep. at the 800 number to apply the promotion, and she said she could not do anything with the reservation which might cause the pricing to change.

I find I received much better service from my online TA than I received from the NCL PCC whom I will no longer use.

No thanks. I much prefer being in control of my own reservation.

This is a MYTH -- travel agents or not, you have rights to your reservation. The only thing you cannot do is cancel the cruise without your TA. They have to do that. Other than that, you can book anything you want, and TA's offer extras, look for price reductions and deal with minutia you dont want to or have time to.

I have tons of experience booking all kinds of travel and I use a TA for cruises. You can get a better deal if they are a large company with group booking and you often get perks such as OBC etc. Its also much easier to call or text your agent and have them deal with stuff than have to do it yourself. I cant see the downside, you still can do everything in your reservation you need to and if something comes up they are there to advocate for you. They don't cost you anything so again I don't see the downside.

I have tons of experience booking all kinds of travel and I use a TA for cruises. You can get a better deal if they are a large company with group booking and you often get perks such as OBC etc. Its also much easier to call or text your agent and have them deal with stuff than have to do it yourself. I cant see the downside, you still can do everything in your reservation you need to and if something comes up they are there to advocate for you. They don't cost you anything so again I don't see the downside.

My agency has saved me a ton of money, and they are generous with OBC. I have used them many times, and their service is very good. No downside, except for anyone who might need to cancel. My TA charges $100 for cancellations.