Pre-Cruise/ Port Everglades Dinner (Las Olas Blvd)

We just got home from the Riverside Hotel, they have three restaurants there, also we dined at Timpano's, I had Gnocci, I had never had them so light, I ate the whole dish....

A lot of different venues to try. Also try Vino's Wine Bar...its down an alleyway, nice wines, and good Tapas.

We just got home from the Riverside Hotel, they have three restaurants there, also we dined at Timpano's, I had Gnocci, I had never had them so light, I ate the whole dish....

A lot of different venues to try. Also try Vino's Wine Bar...its down an alleyway, nice wines, and good Tapas.

Hi. We are a family of 19 staying at hhe Riverside Hotel in August. Did you enjoy the hotel? I choose it and got a rate of $109 a night and hoping everyone likes it. Was there a casual restaurant in the hotel? Thinking if so, I will call and poasibly book us a table/room pre fix. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. We are a family of 19 staying at hhe Riverside Hotel in August. Did you enjoy the hotel? I choose it and got a rate of $109 a night and hoping everyone likes it. Was there a casual restaurant in the hotel? Thinking if so, I will call and poasibly book us a table/room pre fix. Thanks.

We enjoyed it very much, we booked a stay there for next September. I have read conflicting reviews on it, but we must have gotten a good room. The new restaurant the Boathouse, across the street by the river opened the day we left, it looks really nice. Hopefully the food is great, so we can enjoy that on our next stay. The Indigo restaurant, with outside seating on Los Olas, with additional seating inside, we had a very nice lunch there, a very small bar and an Oyster restaurant inside behind the bar. With a party of your size I would definately call various restaurants ahead of time for special seating. Most of the Los Olas restaurants are on the smaller side, and don't have the room for large parties. Except for the Boathouse, there are very few restaurants actually on the river. There is one Irish bar/restaurant that is large right on the river that is very popular too.

I work in downtown Lauderdale and when I have people come here for business the Riverside is my first choice for them. I have not eaten at the restaurants but I know others have and they usually get good reviews. There are plenty of restaurants along Las Olas to choose from if you want to try something different.

We enjoyed it very much, we booked a stay there for next September. I have read conflicting reviews on it, but we must have gotten a good room. The new restaurant the Boathouse, across the street by the river opened the day we left, it looks really nice. Hopefully the food is great, so we can enjoy that on our next stay. The Indigo restaurant, with outside seating on Los Olas, with additional seating inside, we had a very nice lunch there, a very small bar and an Oyster restaurant inside behind the bar. With a party of your size I would definately call various restaurants ahead of time for special seating. Most of the Los Olas restaurants are on the smaller side, and don't have the room for large parties. Except for the Boathouse, there are very few restaurants actually on the river. There is one Irish bar/restaurant that is large right on the river that is very popular too.

Thank you very much. I will take a look at the restaurants you mention as well as the Boathouse. Thanks so much!

I work in downtown Lauderdale and when I have people come here for business the Riverside is my first choice for them. I have not eaten at the restaurants but I know others have and they usually get good reviews. There are plenty of restaurants along Las Olas to choose from if you want to try something different.

Great to hear, thank you! My mom cannot walk to far and for our family of 19, I don't want us to all get into cabs.

Would you suggest the Boathouse, Oyster or Indigo (is the Oyster/Indigo inside the Riverside?). I haven't looked yet at the places. I need casual and a reasonably priced place for Ft. Lauderdale. I'm from NY so our prices will be in line but don't want to be spending a lot with our group. Casual, good food and drinks is what I am looking for to book.

Thank you.

Great to hear, thank you! My mom cannot walk to far and for our family of 19, I don't want us to all get into cabs.

Would you suggest the Boathouse, Oyster or Indigo (is the Oyster/Indigo inside the Riverside?). I haven't looked yet at the places. I need casual and a reasonably priced place for Ft. Lauderdale. I'm from NY so our prices will be in line but don't want to be spending a lot with our group. Casual, good food and drinks is what I am looking for to book.

Thank you.

The Boathouse JUST opened this past Tuesday, the day we left, bummer. But, I will be watching for reviews. I have to mention that I ordered the Asian Wings from Indigo the day before we left, they were just perfect for that something to fill you but not overfill, just be aware it has lots of peanuts in the sauce. Monday they were just perfect, with a hint of heat, but Tuesday, I had them again before we left for the airport, has a little more heat to them, I really couldn't finish the sauce, if I wasn't flying, I would have finished it. As a side note....Fries are excellent as well, just ask for them not to be salted, you will not be disappointed

We are looking for a hotel two nights pre cruise in May, we were also looking at the Riverside, glad to hear good things about it. I like the idea that there is alot that is walkable. Awesome, done looking for a hotel now, Harmony of the Seas, May 12th, honeymoon cruise!