Still awaiting $2688 credit from MSC since 9/08!! Now 9/21 still nothing!!

CruznFam704

Help!

Tried to book an MSC Cruise thru Online agency on September 8th. Received message that it didn’t go through. To try again later or to call in. Received email with same message.

I called n booked with someone else. A few hours after I’ve booked the cruise, I received an email congratulating me on my booking with online agency! I hurried to call them to tell them it was a mistake n to cancel it. Since it was only hours old and their mistake, they said they would start the cancellation process with MSC.

A few days later, 2nd charge was made to my card for same amount for the supposedly cancelled cruise!! I was so upset since I now have 3 charges for the same cruise. I’ve called n emailed the agency repeatedly n they kept saying MSC will take care of it. This happened for 1 whole week but no credit in site.

I then called MSC to take care of this, had to talk to a supervisor because they won’t do it because I’m not a TA. Supervisor started reimbursement with accounting. It’s been another week and many more calls to MSC supervisors..Still no credits yet. We pay off all our cc end of month to avoid interests. Leaving for cruise next Saturday n need to pay off card.

Has anyone had this happen to them and was able to get it resolved?

I would call your credit card company immediately and dispute the unapproved charges to your account. That will help with your credit as the charges will be put in suspense. Advise them with a report of what happened and you did not approve the charges. They will investigate. Good luck

Edited by Missymo

I would call your credit card company immediately and dispute the unapproved charges to your account. That will help with your credit as the charges will be put in suspense. Advise them with a report of what happened and you did not approve the charges. They will investigate. Good luck

Great idea! Don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Chase has been really good about that kind of thing. Thanks so much for the suggestion. :D

I cancelled a cruise on 9/9 and got my deposit back on 9/21 to my credit card.

Wow, that's a long time. I just got the 1st credit back onto my card. Now waiting for the 2nd one to go through.

Still can't believe that they ran my card a 2nd time 3 days after I'd already cancelled the booking. The booking was cancelled 10 minutes after it was mistakenly booked by the agency. I can't tell who's at fault, the agency or MSC. I tried to resolve with both at the same time and got conflicting info.

Wow, that's a long time. I just got the 1st credit back onto my card. Now waiting for the 2nd one to go through.

Still can't believe that they ran my card a 2nd time 3 days after I'd already cancelled the booking. The booking was cancelled 10 minutes after it was mistakenly booked by the agency. I can't tell who's at fault, the agency or MSC. I tried to resolve with both at the same time and got conflicting info.

This MSC definitely has some problems!!! They just billed me twice for my final payment …. Talking to my travel agent now to try to straighten this mess out!! The sad thing is they have no record on their end of doing this!!

• 2 weeks later...
WOW I hope everyone gets their refunds. How long do you have to cancel a cruise with MSC? Are you better off waiting to make final payment?

Finally got my credit posted to my card.... took two weeks and six phone calls from my travel agent.... completely unacceptable.... really looking forward to trying MSC but this has been painful 😖