How's the Burgers?

I'm eyeballing a cruise for Cindy next year (hopefully) - didn't work out in 2018 because we had to move unexpectedly. One of the guys staying with us talked up Carnival's Guy's Burgers - but my dad has tried Princess and Celebrity. What's the best way to spoil deer sweet Cindy - and who has the best burgers at sea?

I'm eyeballing a cruise for Cindy next year (hopefully) - didn't work out in 2018 because we had to move unexpectedly. One of the guys staying with us talked up Carnival's Guy's Burgers - but my dad has tried Princess and Celebrity. What's the best way to spoil deer sweet Cindy - and who has the best burgers at sea?

Guy's burgers are good. Princess Trident grill burgers are OK. My husband likes to get one every day, and it's always a fight because I want to go to the MDR on sea days :) I think you may want to research the 3 cruise lines a bit more before deciding. I have not been on Celebrity, but I have been on Carnival and Princess and the last two are different. Carnival has a younger crowd, more boisterous, dance club is busy, Piano bar, the pools are crowded, more kids than Princess. Princess is more laid back, crowds tend to go to bed earlier, the dance club is never busy. I'd say around 10-11 PM people turn in on Princess. The piano in Crooners is more of an easy listening relaxing environment, not a sing along party bar, in my opinion. The only time there are lots of kids on Princess is during the holidays and summer.

On Princess they have a specialty burger in the dining room for dinner that changes nightly. Those burgers appear more gourmet and there have been times my youngest has gotten a burger, and it's always better than what they serve at the Trident Grill.

Not sure I'd base what cruise I take on just the burger. lol I'd look at what kind of cruise experience you are looking for.

Have fun with the research. That's half the fun of planning a cruise!

We have cruised Princess, Celebrity, among other lines... we are big burger people... on long cruises we sometimes order a burger from Room Service on Princess... felt they were very good, with a salad, enjoy on our balcony. Have order the burger in the MDR menu also a good choice. I am more of a fan of Princess than Celebrity, even though we are elite on both lines. Like Princess more because more responsive to menu special requests than Celebrity.

We have cruised Princess, Celebrity, among other lines... we are big burger people... on long cruises we sometimes order a burger from Room Service on Princess... felt they were very good, with a salad, enjoy on our balcony. Have order the burger in the MDR menu also a good choice. I am more of a fan of Princess than Celebrity, even though we are elite on both lines. Like Princess more because more responsive to menu special requests than Celebrity.

This is good news. Cindy isn't as into burgers as much and I like gourmet if I have a choice. The MDR sounds like the best of both worlds. I try to eat healthy too so maybe save that for lunch. Healthy-ish. :D

Burgers on Princess - aside from the Ernesto - are included with the price of the cruise. I have never had a problem with the burgers on Lido deck. My wife tried the burger in the main dining room and was not at all impressed. Neither of us has tried the extra-cost Ernesto. (I don't like burgers that are too tall to fit in my mouth.)

MSC has the best burgers.Guy's is nothing but grease.

We were on the Ruby last March/April and my brother chose a burger for dinner from the menu in the dining room one night that he said it was the best burger he has EVER had. He's kind of picky, so I believed him.

I guess it was special and not your typical burger. It was so good he never offered a bite to any of us. :o

I'll be looking for that one on our next Princess cruise.

I’ll often have a burger in the MDR on Princess (depends what the topping is. Stilton? On a burger? No thanks!) and they are usually pretty good. A bit small though. The serving of fries is also a little small. Think I’ll try asking for a double patty and two portions of fries next time :D

The Dive In burgers on Holland America are pretty good. Spoil her by booking a suite on Celebrity. Then you'll have access to Luminae. The best burger I've ever had, anywhere, was a Luminae burger in the Luminae Restaurant on Celebrity. It was perfectly seared and juicy. I think they were only on the menu on embark day for lunch and lunch on sea days. This may have changed. I'm guessing if you ask for one at other seatings they'd probably make you one.

I know I've had burgers on Princess, but they weren't memorable. Not bad, just not something I remember as being great.

Johnny Rockets on Royal Caribbean was ok.