Another Dress Code Question

wesail7seas

Hello Everyone,

This will be our first cruise on Silversea Cruises.

We will be on the Silver Cloud's South America cruise in October/November.

Can you please give me some ideas on whether we should pack formal wear,or if smart casual will suffice.

Thank You.

We will be on the Silver Cloud's South America cruise in October/November. Can you please give me some ideas on whether we should pack formal wear,or if smart casual will suffice.
I'm not sure if anyone here has done a South American itinerary on the Cloud yet. I can tell you on the Muse last October / November sailing around South America, we had three formal nights. But, with the Cloud being an expedition ship now, I don't know if they have any formal nights.

In this link regarding the Cloud in Antarctica https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55536978&postcount=22, Carol from California indicates the dress code in the restaurants did not seem to be enforced. Some folks were dressed up and others were in jeans. Her husband packed a jacket and only wore it once. She thinks it's because as an expedition cruise they do not enforce the dress code.

Hopefully, others here can help you better than I!

Hello Everyone,

This will be our first cruise on Silversea Cruises.

We will be on the Silver Cloud's South America cruise in October/November.

Can you please give me some ideas on whether we should pack formal wear,or if smart casual will suffice.

Thank You.

Good Morning. We embark on our third Silversea expedition cruise (all on the Silver Explorer) November 5th. Our itinerary is very similar to yours on the Cloud - Valparaiso to Ushuaia. After multiple expedition cruises on multiple lines, I can tell you the only formalwear you will see will be worn by the excellent staff. Smart casual will be perfect. Some gentlemen might wear a coat for the Captain’s welcome dinner, but ties will be much rarer than penguins. Have a wonderful cruise.

Good Morning. We embark on our third Silversea expedition cruise (all on the Silver Explorer) November 5th. Our itinerary is very similar to yours on the Cloud - Valparaiso to Ushuaia. After multiple expedition cruises on multiple lines, I can tell you the only formalwear you will see will be worn by the excellent staff. Smart casual will be perfect. Some gentlemen might wear a coat for the Captain’s welcome dinner, but ties will be much rarer than penguins. Have a wonderful cruise.

Thank You so much Michael.

That's great! More room in the suitcases. :D

Thank You so much Michael.

That's great! More room in the suitcases. :D

You are very welcome. Now you can use that extra room to pack all the items you’ll need for the variable weather conditions and zodiac landings. Your sailing probably has an included parka like ours does, but you’ll want to look at the suggested packing list to make sure you have all the layers you need. Top of the list will be waterproof pants. Absolutely essential.

You are very welcome. Now you can use that extra room to pack all the items you’ll need for the variable weather conditions and zodiac landings. Your sailing probably has an included parka like ours does, but you’ll want to look at the suggested packing list to make sure you have all the layers you need. Top of the list will be waterproof pants. Absolutely essential.

Yes,I see that the weather will never be boring.

I guess I will drag out the clothes I wore in Alaska AND Morocco! :ship:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We're looking forward to our Silver Cloud cruise to Antarctica in December.

Are pullover sweaters acceptable apparel for men in the various dining rooms for dinner? We have cruised on Oceania where they required that men's shirts have collars in the MDR and specialty restaurants during dinner. Thanks for your advice!