Is Vista Suite BB on nav deck 7 a good location for first time cruiser? (Zaandam)

zitsky

I'm looking at a South America cruise.

My travel agent has given me three quotes, one for Holland America and it's much cheaper than when I tried to price it out myself. So far I get a better feeling about HA than I do the other companies I'm researching, Princess and Norwegian. Not quite sure why. Norwegian seems OK but they charge extra for everything. And they're cheaper. Don't know much about Princess so far.

Anyway, my travel agent quoted a cabin Vista Suite BB which on the Zaandam would be Navigation deck 7. Is this a good location for someone who's never been on a cruise ship before? Is it quiet but reasonably close to stairs or elevators for getting around? Will there be more motion in this part of the ship, and more likely of getting seasick? Should I try going down one deck, possibly mid-ship?

Thanks in advance!

BB cabins are right below the aft pool area. The crew do clean that area early in the morning -- washing down the deck and moving the lounge chairs. You will hear noise during the day as people move chairs.

If you are worried about sea sickness, the aft is not for you -- more movement there.

Go down one deck and book midship.

Just for a another POV, we love aft cabins. I take a sea sickness pill starting a day before the cruise and then one daily. I am terribly prone ot motion sickness and have never had a problem. It is a different feeling than if you're at mid ship. The aft location is close to the aft elevator..For a first time..?? I think I'd seek a more traditional experience and try to book mid ship