Booking Spa Thermal Suites online vs on board (Gem)

Tatka

Hi,

We are sailing on Gem for 10 days and deciding on booking Spa Thermal Suites.

Website says $199. Book now and save $20.

What is a price on board? Is it $229 or is it possible to still get a deal for $199 during the first day?

How much is a daily pass?

Thank you!

Book a head of time. They limit the number of passes they sell, although admittedly, I have never had a problem purchasing on board. day passes are limited and not available on all days, particularly when at sea.

I love the heated loungers! I mistakenly thought that if I had a spa service, I would be able to go to the spa area, so i didn't buy on-line. That was a mistake. You cannot use the area if you don't buy the spa pass, even if you have a massage (although there are some amenities like the sauna that you can use)! Buy it while it is reduced. I paid the $20 extra on board; loved the use of the area and now buy as soon as they come up for sale! But I am a spa person and try to stay out of the sun.

The Math

If you are NOT getting of the ship,

the Thermal Spa is well worth the cost.

Yes... an I have MS in Mathematics... Just a long day and too excited I was able to secure a very last cabin on Gem. :)

Oh... and I read that on some NCL ships Thermal Suites have Thalasso pool, but on others it is just a lap pool.

What does Gem have?

The Gem does not have a lap pool......we just had a thermal pass on Gem in November. The GEM is ver spa is small but nice. Very limited tile loungers, I think a total of 7 and people put towels down and then go in jacuzzi and leave them - very rude. They sell limited passes due to the size!!

• 7 months later...

I have done the 7 day pass on Gem, Breakaway and Epic, have loved it everytime! Sailing 10 day in March 2018 and was curious about the pricing for 10 days. hopefully 199 is still accurate! not bad! So looking forward to revisiting the Gem spa!

One thing I didn't immediately realize with the Gem vs the "away" ships is that the "rooms" in the spa are gender-specific on the Gem. For example, the sauna/steam room/etc on the "away" ships are uni-sex. On the Gem, they are mens/womens. For that reason we decided to not get the pass since I wouldn't be with my fiancé.

• 2 weeks later...
why when I look it says "book onboard"

It likely means that they have sold the designated number of passes already. It is unclear if they sometimes set aside a few full passes to sell on the first day of the cruise. It’s all about supply and demand. Otherwise the only other option is to buy daily passes if they make them available onboard (no guarantee- but worth a try).