Social Media Package on Breakaway

GrootmoederkKr

I read awhile back that NCL was instituting a social media package. The last I saw it had not started on Breakaway ...
That pilot trial apparently stalled by the azipods ;p lately ... okay, just a joke (humor) on their promises.

Unless something changed within these 2 weeks, nothing is happening at all, since we just got off the BA earlier this month. The onboard iCafe manager had no clue either when I stopped by for something else & asked.

The "social media" plan on the 3 ships with it is a limited text only plan for select apps only, no MMS or video/pictures with it, per my understanding - unless NCL can get more bandwidth at its next upgrade in 2018 (I have a "dream" that one day ...)

The current plan, speed, latency is good & reasonable fast, better with uploads than downloads, except on the last 2 sea days as more nodes were connected by users needing to do airline reconfirmation & seat assignments, printing boarding passes, etc. (iCafe was actually busy in the afternoon when we strolled by ... earlier in the week, empty, sometimes with 1 or 2 users at most).

Like 2016 in Bermuda with the BA, we only used our FAS 250 minutes/1 GB WiFi data and got excellent use out of it (well, we had 2 GB shared last year, ended up using about 1.6GB worth) - since we always switch on our own (cheap) cellular roaming data.