April Breakaway cruise

saturn3

My wife and I are so excited to be cruising to Europe on NCL Breakaway . Have been searching for airfare back from England to NY has anyone have any thoughts on Norwegian air?? Seem like good deals have not found anything less expensive any thoughts??

I didn't find many positive reviews for Norwegian air, other than the price. I'm booked on the same cruise. At least a few people from our roll call are taking a few days in Iceland via Iceland air on the way home. A bit more expensive than the cheapest, but much less than the "big" airlines. Join our roll call if you haven't already.

My wife and I are so excited to be cruising to Europe on NCL Breakaway . Have been searching for airfare back from England to NY has anyone have any thoughts on Norwegian air?? Seem like good deals have not found anything less expensive any thoughts??

I used them on this years TA I did on Celebrity Eclipse. WELL worth a booking. We flew from London Gatwick - LGW to JFK. Plenty of Youtube vids of their TAs in premium economy. (1st class-ish).

I checked airfare weekly for months on the Domestic carriers and just became increasingly frustrated with pricing, (way too much money). I had around 60,000 miles with American Airlines, so two weeks ago I started experimenting with pay with miles instead of money. I was unbelievably pleased with my results. We are staying in London for a full week after the cruise. I was able to book great flights, Business and First Class seats for all segments, leaving from Heathrow. We are flying into Wichita, KS as final destination, so 3 flights are required. First flight is on British Airways, and I snagged the last two seats (lay flat) in the upper deck of a 747. I did need to purchase additional miles to pull this off, but still much less money than the economy comfort I was trying to book with money, plus we are travelling First Class.

I was just searching gatway for airports thinking that flights from there were cheaper than other airports in London. Maybe I should extend my search to all London airports. Icelandair still seems cheapest company and departure and arrival are key

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked Norwegian Air for our return flight. London-Gatwick (LGW) to Boston (BOS). Direct flight, Premium Economy (1st class-ish). extra wide seats with mega legroom. Meals, drinks, private airport lounge access & luggage included. $633 per person. The attached link shows what the seats / section looks like. We used it this past April.

A lot of airlines do not offer one way discounts, it may be cheaper to book a round trip flight and just abandon the 2nd leg.

• 2 months later...
I just booked Norwegian Air for our return flight. London-Gatwick (LGW) to Boston (BOS). Direct flight, Premium Economy (1st class-ish). extra wide seats with mega legroom. Meals, drinks, private airport lounge access & luggage included. $633 per person. The attached link shows what the seats / section looks like. We used it this past April.

Just booked same flight 635$

hopefully we can get a transfer to Gatwick from NCL I don't see it listed in shore excursions

We're on the same cruise. Just booked it...VERY excited. One reason it worked for us was that we could get from Gatwick to Denver non-stop (on the 28th) for $337 per person. The next cheapest was several hundred more (Iceland Air). So we did it. Really made the whole trip seem doable.

Guess we'll find out if that was foolish!

I chatted with my TA, since I have that "$something off air package" thing. And apparently, there's like a flat fee of $1400 per person and you don't know your dates or airline you are flying until it's 90 days to your sailing. I am travelling from JFK to CPH. This pricing better be for some business class or whatever. Needless to say, even after their discount, this seemed to be a huge ripoff. I booked Delta for $730/pp, almost half the price of NCL's offering. I know which airline I am flying, what seat I am in, and I get miles for it too.

It's unfortunate. When I used Princess EZAir, I paid $150/pp for roundtrip tickets between JFK and FLL, while directly from airline, same flight was $250. Also I saved a ton with Princess EZAir on a flight from JFK to ATH and BCN to JFK earlier last year, including a nice 8 hour layover in Rome which we used to get a quick tour of the city.

Dear NCL, please be like Princess in terms of air arrangements. Otherwise your discount doesn't mean crap. Same way how hotel discount only has 2-3 hotels, extremely expensive, and apparently charge PER PERSON. I booked AirBNB for a lot cheaper.

Kind of sad when NCL makes a discount package and charges arm and a leg even after discounts.