Just off the Breakaway this morning - ask me anything

Well, welcome back.. some questions:

1.) Where did you cruised to?

2.) Did you enjoyed the cruise?

1.) BA's usual 7-day route to the Bahamas.

2.) Yes! The BA has undeniable flaws, but I was lucky and had an extended balcony minisuite and generally don't go for the events/games in the Atrium, so was able to avoid the worst of it. That said, people who grab food off the buffet with their bare hands and then eat off their plate while getting more food need to be thrown off the back of the ship.

No. There are 1000 pictures of almost anything you'd want to see that people who are better photographers than me already took.

My wife and I have never sailed on NCL before so was this your first cruise OR have you cruised with NCL before. So sorry to hear about how 'the ANIMALS' act when it's feeding time at the buffet:eek: IF it's any consolation, we saw the same thing on the Oasis of the Seas, 10/2013 so as you can see SOME people/animals NEVER change their spots or manners:rolleyes: I told my wife, after witnessing such nasty habits,'You'd think, by their ungodly actions, they MUST think this IS their last meal. Or someone's gonna come and take the food away. I'm sure the buffet staff have seen worse, and probably do (and with some good reason) have such a low opinion of some Americans. No wonder some will NOT visit the buffet. Kids, I try to excuse because after they see HOW the adults slop at the trough?

Mac

My wife and I have never sailed on NCL before so was this your first cruise OR have you cruised with NCL before. So sorry to hear about how 'the ANIMALS' act when it's feeding time at the buffet:eek: IF it's any consolation, we saw the same thing on the Oasis of the Seas, 10/2013 so as you can see SOME people/animals NEVER change their spots or manners:rolleyes: I told my wife, after witnessing such nasty habits,'You'd think, by their ungodly actions, they MUST think this IS their last meal. Or someone's gonna come and take the food away. I'm sure the buffet staff have seen worse, and probably do (and with some good reason) have such a low opinion of some Americans. No wonder some will NOT visit the buffet. Kids, I try to excuse because after they see HOW the adults slop at the trough?

Mac

Been on NCL a number of times. I'm an NYC local, and it's the only line that leaves year round from NYC.

No. There are 1000 pictures of almost anything you'd want to see that people who are better photographers than me already took.

LOL so true!

1.) BA's usual 7-day route to the Bahamas.

2.) Yes! The BA has undeniable flaws, but I was lucky and had an extended balcony minisuite and generally don't go for the events/games in the Atrium, so was able to avoid the worst of it. That said, people who grab food off the buffet with their bare hands and then eat off their plate while getting more food need to be thrown off the back of the ship.

I sail on Breakaway Dec. 3 in an extended balcony mini-suite. Deck 8 forward port side. Where was yours? How was the balcony?

Technically true since RIC's Anthem of the Seas sails year round from Port Liberty which is cross the river in NJ

So close, yet so far. There's no easy mass transit access to the NJ port. Nothing better than just hopping on the subway, getting off at the 50th street C/E station, and then walking a few blocks west to the pier.

LOL so true!

I sail on Breakaway Dec. 3 in an extended balcony mini-suite. Deck 8 forward port side. Where was yours? How was the balcony?

Starboard side. Room was great. The balcony is stunningly large, and there's no overhang so you get an unadulterated sky view. Next time I'm on the BA it will be very hard to go back to the usual window ledge balcony.

So close, yet so far. There's no easy mass transit access to the NJ port. Nothing better than just hopping on the subway, getting off at the 50th street C/E station, and then walking a few blocks west to the pier.

I agree. Coming from Long Island it's a lot easier to take LIRR and a cab from Penn Station. Driving to Bayonne was a PITA the few times I sailed Royal and Celebrity.

Technically true since RIC's Anthem of the Seas sails year round from Port Liberty which is cross the river in NJ

Cape Liberty (Bayonne, NJ), is still considered a part of the Port of New York(and NJ)....and all ships sailing from there do pass thru New York City waters while sailing out to sea...

I would agree that the Manhattan Cruise Terminal (as well as the one over in Red Hook, Brooklyn used by the Queen Mary 2 all year round [except for the lapse during her world cruise]), are much more convenient for those of us living east of the Hudson. Probably why more of the passenger's in the area on the Breakaway and Gem come from Long Island, and more on the Anthem come from west of the Hudson....NJ, PA, and DE, in general...

Going back on the Breakaway Jan 19th for the third time. Who was your cruise director ? Still Dan Dan? How about the evening entertainment?

2 years ago they had a wonderful duo....I would have to research my journal to see who they were. Glad to hear you had a nice time....we were just on the Jade in October and some of the behaviors observed were awful

Going back on the Breakaway Jan 19th for the third time. Who was your cruise director ? Still Dan Dan? How about the evening entertainment?

2 years ago they had a wonderful duo....I would have to research my journal to see who they were. Glad to hear you had a nice time....we were just on the Jade in October and some of the behaviors observed were awful

If you were with me on the 16 Jan 2016 cruise, the musical duo were Arvin and Emily...our cruise director was Scott

I wasn't on the Breakaway in 2015, but will see you aboard on 19 Jan....:)

Alvin was the cruise director. Arvin and Emily are still doing their thing, but they're not really my speed because I don't like hanging out in the crowded Atrium. Only entertainment I saw was Howl @ The Moon, which was fantastic.