Ship change from the Gem to the Breakaway Dec 2018

kellio33

Our ship has changed from the Gem to the Breakaway, Dec. 2018 cruise. I'm currently booked in an aft Penthouse suite which does not exist on the BA. Has anyone had any experience as to what will become of my cabin? The BA has only mini suites, which do not offer the suite perks I wanted and is pricing out lower, or the Haven, which is currently pricing out much higher than I paid for the aft penthouse suite.

Thank you!

Our ship has changed from the Gem to the Breakaway, Dec. 2018 cruise. I'm currently booked in an aft Penthouse suite which does not exist on the BA. Has anyone had any experience as to what will become of my cabin? The BA has only mini suites, which do not offer the suite perks I wanted and is pricing out lower, or the Haven, which is currently pricing out much higher than I paid for the aft penthouse suite.

Thank you!

I'm in the same situation and they switched me from an aft penthouse to a Haven aft facing penthouse. My price didn't change. BTW, they automatically changed me (I did call and changed decks), so you might want to look at your reservation's cabin to see if they changed you. Let us know how it worked out for you.

That's a nice swap from an aft pen to a haven aft pen. The SF don't normally give haven access so if you got this it's a bargain swap

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trust me, I'm thrilled. I'm now in 11908, which has the balcony off both the living area and bedroom.

We were also changed from Gem to Breakaway for Thanksgiving week 2018 cruise. On the Gem we were in a non-Haven 2 bedroom family suite. The same suites are only available on the Breakaway in the Haven and NCL switched us to the same suite but in the Haven. It originally showed the Haven price but after calling customer service, they were able to change it to the price paid for the Gem reservation,.On another thread on this same topic, there were two other people in the same situation who were also given a Haven suite on the Breakway at the price of the original Gem booking. For me, it did take some time for the change to be reflected in my reservation as well as a couple of calls to customer service but they always handled the calls well.

Your going to love that room (11908) the balcony is huge. Had breakfast on it almost every day served by the butler. The room is also great. Two bathrooms, separate living room and bedroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, can't wait. Being that I'm traveling solo, I might get lost in all that room!!:')

I'm in the same situation and they switched me from an aft penthouse to a Haven aft facing penthouse. My price didn't change. BTW, they automatically changed me (I did call and changed decks), so you might want to look at your reservation's cabin to see if they changed you. Let us know how it worked out for you.

Same thing for me. I did call to switch from the original BA cabin to a lower deck, and the NCL agent said the BA penthouse would cost $400+ more. My travel agent talked with NCL several times about this and eventually they protected my existing fare. Just check your booking carefully!

We'd be paying much more if we'd booked the BA directly.

Same thing for me. I did call to switch from the original BA cabin to a lower deck, and the NCL agent said the BA penthouse would cost $400+ more. My travel agent talked with NCL several times about this and eventually they protected my existing fare. Just check your booking carefully!

We'd be paying much more if we'd booked the BA directly.

It is strange how some invoices were increased and others, like mine, stayed the same. Hopefully, those that are different pay attention, especially those on Cruise Critic, and make sure they are not charged anything additional for their cruise.

I wish Kellio33 would come back and let us know how he/she made out.

Would love this to happen! Worst case scenario is I go back to a balcony room and save a bunch of money from the aft penthouse.

My reservation is still showing as the Gem and aft penthouse.

It is strange how some invoices were increased and others, like mine, stayed the same. Hopefully, those that are different pay attention, especially those on Cruise Critic, and make sure they are not charged anything additional for their cruise.

I wish Kellio33 would come back and let us know how he/she made out.

I think I'll call and try again today, as they advised they'd would get to me when the would get to me lol.

Would love this to happen! Worst case scenario is I go back to a balcony room and save a bunch of money from the aft penthouse.

My reservation is still showing as the Gem and aft penthouse.

If you have an aft penthouse on the Gem, you should get an aft penthouse on Breakaway. Don't let them change your cabin or raise your price.

When in December is your cruise. Mine is December 6th.

If you have an aft penthouse on the Gem, you should get an aft penthouse on Breakaway. Don't let them change your cabin or raise your price.

When in December is your cruise. Mine is December 6th.

December 30. I won't be able to get in a phone call today, but will try again tomorrow. Wish me luck. Thank you all for the data points and guidance.

Yes, they advised they will get to me eventually :)

My pricing increased when the switchover was done from the Gem to the Breakaway. I called ncl and was told it would be fixed in a couple of days but it wasn't so in a couple of days I called again, and was told a supervisor had to fix and it would be done in a couple of days. When a couple more days passed and it still wasn't fixed I called again, was told my account had been flagged for a supervisor to fix and it would be a couple more days. Yet again when it wasn't fixed in another couple of days I called again (pain in the ... to keep calling but I was determined!), on that fourth call I spoke to a really helpful agent called Heidi and she said hold on, I will get a supervisor to fix it now while you are on hold. A few minutes later she said it was fixed. I asked Heidi to hold on while I logged onto myNCL and verified the price was correct, which it was. So I really believe it depends how helpful and conscientious the customer service agent is whether or not the account gets fixed in a timely manner, as I am sure there are many many accounts that have been 'flagged' for supervisors to review and some may fall through the cracks.

They aren't switching all cruises, only those for the Winter 2018/19 season. Breakaway arrives in NOLA on 11/11/18.

Here is a link to NCL's press release:

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/ncl-homeport-new-orleans-winter-2018-19

Any idea when NCL will post Winter 2018/2019 itineraries for the Gem ? So far all I see is the Escape..

NCL.com now shows me in an aft Haven suite, but TA site still shows me on the Gem lol. So no idea yet if there has been a price increase.
I would call your TA and ask them for a cruise confirmation and amenity confirmation from NCL. The aft Haven suites look awesome, two rooms, I ended up on deck 11, because both the living room and bedroom have doors out to the balcony, some of the other decks don't have it off the bedroom.