Blue Lagoon Questions

kymberlyfarr79

A few people in our party are going to book the stingray encounter at Blue Lagoon, but there are several of use who do not care to do an animal encounter. Since we would all like to end up at the same place, I have a few questions.

1) Do those of us skipping the animal encounter have to pay for a beach day? I see that the deluxe beach day is the only offering directly from the cruise line (when not booking an animal encounter) and it's more expensive than the stingray encounter. I don't care about the extras you get with the beach day ticket like the included lunch but wasn't sure if that is the only option.

2) Those of us that don't book with the cruise line, which is the best option for getting to blue lagoon? We have a 18 month old and would rather travel in a manner that makes the most sense considering the toddler.

Thanks!

I'm kind of confused by what you are asking. Do you want a free trip and day at Blue Lagoon? Just book the beach day and enjoy the island with your buddies.

Anyways, yes, just book the beach day. I took my 18 month old and it's a VERY sensible day with a toddler. The boat ride is nice, shaded, and safe. The lagoon has no waves and you can enjoy the heck out of it. It's pretty darn awesome. Just book the beach day and enjoy.

No, I'm not looking for a free trip. I am simply wondering if there is another option besides the "deluxe" blue lagoon beach day that doesn't cost $80 plus. Something that provide beach assess without the deluxe benefits. The deluxe comes with a lunch, however the stingray encounter is around $60 and doesn't have lunch provided but does allow for beach access. Some in our party would have no interest in the stingray encounter and don't really care about the lunch being included but it appears they are stuck with one or the other.

No, I'm not looking for a free trip. I am simply wondering if there is another option besides the "deluxe" blue lagoon beach day that doesn't cost $80 plus. Something that provide beach assess without the deluxe benefits. The deluxe comes with a lunch, however the stingray encounter is around $60 and doesn't have lunch provided but does allow for beach access. Some in our party would have no interest in the stingray encounter and don't really care about the lunch being included but it appears they are stuck with one or the other.

For context, the Stingray encounter is way under priced. Just book the stingray encounter for everyone if you don't care about lunch. Even if you don't want to encounter stingrays, $54 is a good price for any excursion, let alone Blue Lagoon.

Myself, my daughter and 2 grandchildren last October booked the dolphin encounter privately with Blue Lagoon. You will go through the port to take a water taxi over to Nassau, $4.00 each. Once you get off that, you have walk past the buildings there to cross the main st to the building and check in with Blue lagoon, you will then take their boat over to their place. After our excursion, we did get on their boat and they stated they stop at Nassau first and if you are on the ship then they drop you off there. They didn't know if we booked privately or not, so that was nice, we stayed on lol.

We did feel lost getting there since it wasn't plainly stated when we booked or through reviews, but then again, we did this privately, not through the cruise ship. better pricing. Also, don't remember if they had it on the ship at that time or not. Now I do see that they have the link if you are on a cruise to use that link which of course states to go through your cruiseline.

But if you want to travel with your friends, then you'll most likely need to book through the cruise. See if they have a basic beach package at better price

Myself, my daughter and 2 grandchildren last October booked the dolphin encounter privately with Blue Lagoon. You will go through the port to take a water taxi over to Nassau, $4.00 each. Once you get off that, you have walk past the buildings there to cross the main st to the building and check in with Blue lagoon, you will then take their boat over to their place. After our excursion, we did get on their boat and they stated they stop at Nassau first and if you are on the ship then they drop you off there. They didn't know if we booked privately or not, so that was nice, we stayed on lol.

We did feel lost getting there since it wasn't plainly stated when we booked or through reviews, but then again, we did this privately, not through the cruise ship. better pricing. Also, don't remember if they had it on the ship at that time or not. Now I do see that they have the link if you are on a cruise to use that link which of course states to go through your cruiseline.

But if you want to travel with your friends, then you'll most likely need to book through the cruise. See if they have a basic beach package at better price

Again, where exactly do you think Nassau is, lol.

And since you are posting this story on multiple threads, it should be made clear that the published private prices are generally higher than booking through the cruise ship, plus you have to take additional transportation to get to the Blue Lagoon pickup.

The prices are published right on their site. You got lucky with a pricing special, that's all. But otherwise it's not good advice to try and take this trip privately.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Not trying to be combative, but honestly wondering what I am missing? When I try to book the sea lion encounter directly through the company it is over a 63 dollar (USD) saving? Does anyone know if the cruise line tour includes lunch or some special benefits besides the direct transfer (and not having to go the Harbour?) Thanks!

You can get an observer pass for $30. It does not include lunch. However, you can only have 2 observers per each person doing an animal encounter. Not sure how many people are in your group and how many want to do the stingray encounter.

The details are here: http://www.dolphinencounters.com/programs/program-observers/

The only way to get to Blue Lagoon is by the Blue Lagoon ferry. If you book with the cruise line, you will get transportation to the ferry terminal. If you book directly with Blue Lagoon, you'll need to get your own transportation to the ferry terminal (a taxi). Either way, the ferry will drop you off at the port afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...
Myself, my daughter and 2 grandchildren last October booked the dolphin encounter privately with Blue Lagoon. You will go through the port to take a water taxi over to Nassau, $4.00 each. Once you get off that, you have walk past the buildings there to cross the main st to the building and check in with Blue lagoon, you will then take their boat over to their place.

I wouldn't recommend the water taxi if you are on a schedule. As much as I love it... it can take forever. Best to just grab a cab/shuttle from outside the port gate. Cost is the same, and you get their quickly.

I wouldn't recommend the water taxi if you are on a schedule. As much as I love it... it can take forever. Best to just grab a cab/shuttle from outside the port gate. Cost is the same, and you get their quickly.

Agree! Plus a regular taxi will drop you off right at the ferry terminal.