Floats at Junkanoo Beach Nassau

autismmama

Anyone know if vendors have inflated floats for rent? Im actually looking for the air to inflate the one I'd like to bring. Its not small enough to do ourselves. Its ginormous for a couple ppl to sit on. Just wondering if anyone on the beach had access to an air compressor to do so.

I was debating saying anything but I'll go ahead and hope people take the comment as educational and not confrontational.

Can you imagine what happens if hundreds of vacationers bring plastic blow up floats, use them once and then throw them away? It's bad enough we discard straws, grocery bags, water bottles after one use. Please think about what this does to the small countries we visit, many of which do not have big recycling facilities.

Off soapbox now.

I was debating saying anything but I'll go ahead and hope people take the comment as educational and not confrontational.

Can you imagine what happens if hundreds of vacationers bring plastic blow up floats, use them once and then throw them away? It's bad enough we discard straws, grocery bags, water bottles after one use. Please think about what this does to the small countries we visit, many of which do not have big recycling facilities.

Off soapbox now.

I have to agree with you. Even if you "pass them along", they end up as garbage at the end of the day.

People complain about the garbage on the beach, but where do you think it comes from. That beach is primarily used by cruisers and most don't even try to put their garbage in the can.

I do agree with your comment about the garbage. Which is why i would never just leave it on the beach or throw it away. Besides the float i have isn't a little cheap piece of plastic. I paid $50 for this thing so there's no way id toss it in the garbage. Which is why i Said id deflate it and bring it back, but would give it to another family if interested. More than likely my decision would be to deflate it anyways. But I've decided not to bring it on the cruise. We are staying at a hotel on Daytona Beach beforehand so we will just use it there and pack it away in our truck for our return. Thanks everyone for the replies.

• 3 weeks later...