Week before Christmas. How crowded will the ship be (NCL).

PandJ60

Aren't all cruises pretty sold out? Having a slew of school aged kids, I'm pretty used to traveling over holidays. I've found cruises are a great way to spend the holidays. I will be on the Splendor the week of Christmas; should be a lot of fun.

Aren't all cruises pretty sold out? Having a slew of school aged kids, I'm pretty used to traveling over holidays. I've found cruises are a great way to spend the holidays. I will be on the Splendor the week of Christmas; should be a lot of fun.

The very large majority, yes. Certainly above 95% of double occupancy capacity. But people still dream of getting on a half full ship and having the ship and all it's employees at their beck and call.

Of course occasionally something odd happens. Or there is valid reason for there to be less than nearly full. For example, we sailed from FLL to Seattle a number of years ago on a repo cruise, 19 days in length. The cruise was also sold as 15 day ending in San Diego. At San Diego, 1400 of the 2000 on board disembarked. The 4 days to Seattle couldn't be sold as a 4 day cruise. So we sailed on with just 600. The ship seemed empty, and eerily quiet.

We also just sailed from SF to FLL, 16 days. But the ship had started in Vancouver with 2000 pax, only picking up about 200 in SF, getting it very close to full.