drinks package on Azura

I tried to post a link, but if you look on the help pages of pando they have put on the drinks package being trialed

Thanks for that. Seems to be a reasonable option for those who like a lot of drinks but £39.95 per day for the ultimate package (alcoholic, non alcoholic and Costa coffee and tea) will be poor value for me. Full marks for offering it as an option though and much better doing it this way than adding £280 to the cost for an all inclusive 7 night cruise.

It says "only one drink at a time can be ordered" surely that doesn't mean my husband can't buy me a drink or vice versa? That's ridiculous!! I've just worked how much £39.95 a day for 2 of us works out for a 12 night cruise and we didn't spend anywhere near that and that includes some meals in Glasshouse and a couple of items from the shops!

It says "only one drink at a time can be ordered" surely that doesn't mean my husband can't buy me a drink or vice versa? That's ridiculous!! I've just worked how much £39.95 a day for 2 of us works out for a 12 night cruise and we didn't spend anywhere near that and that includes some meals in Glasshouse and a couple of items from the shops!

Of course that is what it means. However, if you are in the same cabin as your husband, you would have to have a package anyway as it says all in a cabin must have the package, and not just one.

For most people, including me, it is much too expensive and not worth buying. No problem, just do what you always do.

Of course that is what it means. However, if you are in the same cabin as your husband, you would have to have a package anyway as it says all in a cabin must have the package, and not just one.

For most people, including me, it is much too expensive and not worth buying. No problem, just do what you always do.

I won't be buying it either. I'm thinking how awkward it's going to be for the poor bar staff when they have to take both cards from us when only one of us pays at a time! Or do you not need to sign for them? Anyway as I said I won't be using it.

I won't be buying it either. I'm thinking how awkward it's going to be for the poor bar staff when they have to take both cards from us when only one of us pays at a time! Or do you not need to sign for them? Anyway as I said I won't be using it.

Not a problem for them , just as before they swipe your card and your details come up on the till screen only this time your card would alert the staff that your A/I or any other package.

The difference is that once your card has bought a drink (1 card = 1 drink , give other cabin cards if they want a drink as well, still 1 card 1 drink ) your card is now barred from buying a drink for 15 minutes.

Also it states you cannot have a premium soft drink bottled or canned so anyone who likes to drink a spirit with one of those is out of luck. Post mixers or some bottle they have opened behind the bar will likely be used.

Good luck to those who want it but it's not for me, we will be quid's in not using this package.

Having said that , if we were a younger couple with two kids in tow, I would look into it then taking advantage of the under 16's would get the soft drink package free making it a more reasonable deal.

Coming from Celebrity the drinks package is reasonable priced, then again drinks are cheaper on P&O.

It will be interesting to see how the trial goes, one thing for us is that it gives cost certainty. We aren't big drinkers but if you have a couple of coffees, soft drinks, bottled water, some beers and a couple of cocktails over the course of a day you exceed the cost of the Celebrity package which is £60 per day.

We've just booked a week long cruise in April which is a taster for our main cruise, a good way for us to see how things work out paying as you go at the bars.

Not a problem for them , just as before they swipe your card and your details come up on the till screen only this time your card would alert the staff that your A/I or any other package.

The difference is that once your card has bought a drink (1 card = 1 drink , give other cabin cards if they want a drink as well, still 1 card 1 drink ) your card is now barred from buying a drink for 15 minutes.

Also it states you cannot have a premium soft drink bottled or canned so anyone who likes to drink a spirit with one of those is out of luck. Post mixers or some bottle they have opened behind the bar will likely be used.

Good luck to those who want it but it's not for me, we will be quid's in not using this package.

Having said that , if we were a younger couple with two kids in tow, I would look into it then taking advantage of the under 16's would get the soft drink package free making it a more reasonable deal.

Can someone tell me where is states what you can and can’t have under the ultimate package please? I can only see the drinks packages ie ultimate/soft

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this a system you have got from P&O or just something you are suggesting? I do not see it in the link posted above and it sounds very complicated.

With Fred's packages, they just swipe one card and give two drinks to a couple as they can see you both have the package on their system (they insist everyone in the same cabin buys the package - it cannot just be bought by one occupant). They have no time limit between drinks as far as I know, there are times we have re ordered within 15 mins.

This was posted on another thread earlier and gives a bit more detail. (Unfortunately we appear to have two threads at the moment discussing the same topic so some information is duplicated.)

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drinks_package

As I have already stated, good that it's optional because for us even though we like a drink or two it would be an expensive option.

Edited by P-L-B

Can someone tell me where is states what you can and can’t have under the ultimate package please? I can only see the drinks packages ie ultimate/soft

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the page I read from but it's a bit limited on info

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/PO_UltimateDrinksPackage.pdf

Edited by kalos

They will not need to do that it states on the drinks package particulars that your cruise card will be stickered which is exactly the same as what they have done on Princess for years. So when you order drinks and waiter sees both of you have stickers on your card there will be no bills/receipts he will just get your drinks.

They will not need to do that it states on the drinks package particulars that your cruise card will be stickered which is exactly the same as what they have done on Princess for years. So when you order drinks and waiter sees both of you have stickers on your card there will be no bills/receipts he will just get your drinks.

Ok thanks, that makes sense

The children's package says draft soft drinks, the ultimate package says any drink up to £6.95 and does not mention draft only. Also, I can't see where it says 15 mins between drinks (alcoholic drinks I assume), but that seems reasonable to me. Are people extrapolating from other carnival cruise lines and assuming P & O will be exactly the same?

The children's package says draft soft drinks, the ultimate package says any drink up to £6.95 and does not mention draft only. Also, I can't see where it says 15 mins between drinks (alcoholic drinks I assume), but that seems reasonable to me. Are people extrapolating from other carnival cruise lines and assuming P & O will be exactly the same?

Included

Unlimited draft soft drinks, mocktails, primo Costa coffees, teapigs teas, hot chocolates and small bottled water (500ml only)

Excluded

• Large bottles of water (750ml & 1.5L), canned and bottled premium soft drinks, juices and smoothies

Restrictions

• Only one drink at a time may be ordered (minimum 15 minute wait between orders)

Please read this link ...

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/PO_UltimateDrinksPackage.pdf

Included

Unlimited draft soft drinks, mocktails, primo Costa coffees, teapigs teas, hot chocolates and small bottled water (500ml only)

Excluded

• Large bottles of water (750ml & 1.5L), canned and bottled premium soft drinks, juices and smoothies

Restrictions

• Only one drink at a time may be ordered (minimum 15 minute wait between orders)

Please read this link ...

Yes. I've seen the fuller pdf file now. I was just going off the first one that gave limited info.

Ok thanks, that makes sense

Doesn't make sense to me.... They state clearly that a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks are allowed in a 24 hour period, how do they monitor that if they are not swiping your card? Irrelevant to me though, as if I did have 15 drinks, I would sleep for the rest of the cruise.....

Just back off a Princess cruise and they have stopped putting the sticker on, they had to swipe the card every time. I twice got charged for drinks that should have been free which I got back, no signing receipts either which would have made me spot it earlier.

Just back off a Princess cruise and they have stopped putting the sticker on, they had to swipe the card every time. I twice got charged for drinks that should have been free which I got back, no signing receipts either which would have made me spot it earlier.

That is because they have recently changed their drinks package T&Cs and they also limit it to 15 drinks a day so perhaps the swiping is to monitor number of drinks ordering.

I must admit I think I prefer the Celebrity package. We tend to just drink wine and the Classic package works for us. It includes cans of soft drinks which I like as we can take them to the cabin and keep a small supply there - wouldn’t like to have to carry glasses of soft drinks back and IMHO soft drinks from guns never taste as good and go flat quickly.

Don’t think Celebrity has a 15 minute rule - when we order a glass of wine at lunch we are nearly always urged to take a bottle of water as well

Handing over 2 cards is soon second nature

Usually the package is included in our fare and as Pete said earlier on another thread I think often the cost of a Celebrity cruise plus package is much the same as P&O without drinks included.

I have never seen the package misused on Celebrity in that I haven’t seen people very drunk

I doubt most of us could drink 15 alcoholic drinks in a day but I don’t believe Celebrity has a limit

I must admit I think I prefer the Celebrity package. We tend to just drink wine and the Classic package works for us. It includes cans of soft drinks which I like as we can take them to the cabin and keep a small supply there - wouldn’t like to have to carry glasses of soft drinks back and IMHO soft drinks from guns never taste as good and go flat quickly.

Don’t think Celebrity has a 15 minute rule - when we order a glass of wine at lunch we are nearly always urged to take a bottle of water as well

Handing over 2 cards is soon second nature

Usually the package is included in our fare and as Pete said earlier on another thread I think often the cost of a Celebrity cruise plus package is much the same as P&O without drinks included.

I have never seen the package misused on Celebrity in that I haven’t seen people very drunk

I doubt most of us could drink 15 alcoholic drinks in a day but I don’t believe Celebrity has a limit

The 15 min rule only applies to alcohol. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to order a G & T, or a rum and coke, because they are itemised on your receipt as two separate items.