Disinformation information required Cape Liberty

tug61

We disembark Celebrity Summit on Sunday 23 September 2018. We fly home to Scotland at 5p.m. We currently have no transport organised to get to Newark airport. Can anyone tell me what transport can be organised in the port once we have disembarked and approximate costs (don't mind sharing)? Uber' s out as our phones won't work in USA. The ship does have a morning tour that drops you at the airport but it's quite expensive.

There are taxis and a shared shuttle service available. Neither requires an advance reservation. Taxi to the airport will probably cost about $50-$60. The shared shuttle has been $20 per person.

I suspect your cruise will also offer a transfer without a tour that you can book while on board.

Contact Celebrity and purchase a shuttle ticket. We have just done that for our October cruise when we disembark in San Juan and need to get to the airport. I find it is about the same price as taxis and I do not have to worry about finding one so the transfer part is more stress free.

Contact Celebrity and purchase a shuttle ticket. We have just done that for our October cruise when we disembark in San Juan and need to get to the airport. I find it is about the same price as taxis and I do not have to worry about finding one so the transfer part is more stress free.
Can't you just buy that when you're on the ship?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Only to EWR. Not JFK or LGA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Isn't that what was being discussed? The person said they called and bought it for their October cruise and I said they could just have purchased it while they were on board. If it were for LGA or JFK they wouldn't have been able to buy it in advance or on board.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Isn't that what was being discussed? The person said they called and bought it for their October cruise and I said they could just have purchased it while they were on board. If it were for LGA or JFK they wouldn't have been able to buy it in advance or on board.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

I called Celebrity Mexico regarding the shuttle bus to JFK they say me yes it's available on board, but because you book with a TA call your TA for details. I don't understand why RCI/Celebrity building a Cruise Terminal in the middle of the nothing without offering his own transportation, I am with the anguish of arriving on time at the JFK airport for my 3 PM flight. It does not sound nice after a cruise.

8d6dac670e3f8e7fb4109f890a5ea591.jpg

The question I answer was : Can't you just buy that when you're on the ship? with Only to EWR. Not JFK or LGA .

Edited by gerelmx

I called Celebrity Mexico regarding the shuttle bus to JFK they say me yes it's available on board, but because you book with a TA call your TA for details. I don't understand why RCI/Celebrity building a Cruise Terminal in the middle of the nothing without offering his own transportation, I am with the anguish of arriving on time at the JFK airport for my 3 PM flight. It does not sound nice after a cruise.

Cape Liberty is not "in the middle of nothing", it's relatively close to Newark Airport. It's not Celebrity's fault that you chose to book a flight from an airport that's an hour further away than the preferred airport. And I'm not sure what sort of anguish you will have about your 3pm flight. You will have plenty of time to get to JFK. Even if you are the last one off the ship you will be there by noon.

Also did you bother to check your Cruise Planner for excursions on your cruise? I just checked excursions for a Bermuda cruise on the Celebrity site and I found "Manhattan Highlights and Transfer to Airport (LGA and JFK)" (link below), which is exactly what you want. You should be able to purchase it right now. I'm actually surprised that they offer it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/single-detail?itemID=100000002742122335

Edited by MisterBill99

Cape Liberty is not "in the middle of nothing", it's relatively close to Newark Airport. It's not Celebrity's fault that you chose to book a flight from an airport that's an hour further away than the preferred airport. And I'm not sure what sort of anguish you will have about your 3pm flight. You will have plenty of time to get to JFK. Even if you are the last one off the ship you will be there by noon.

Also did you bother to check your Cruise Planner for excursions on your cruise? I just checked excursions for a Bermuda cruise on the Celebrity site and I found "Manhattan Highlights and Transfer to Airport (LGA and JFK)" (link below), which is exactly what you want. You should be able to purchase it right now. I'm actually surprised that they offer it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/single-detail?itemID=100000002742122335

I have done the accounts, I conclude that I will arrive at the airport on time, but then I read scare stories of the delayed boat or delays in migration and that's when I think about it.

I have already seen that Celebrity tour, it is a valid option, I have not bought it because it does not specify the time of the flights, as other tours that tell you is for flights departing after xyzPM

I book the flight by JFK since I have a connecting flight in DFW and that flight was the only one that gave me the opportunity to connect without sleeping in Arlington, TX.

Thanks for your comments

I have done the accounts, I conclude that I will arrive at the airport on time, but then I read scare stories of the delayed boat or delays in migration and that's when I think about it.

I have already seen that Celebrity tour, it is a valid option, I have not bought it because it does not specify the time of the flights, as other tours that tell you is for flights departing after xyzPM

I book the flight by JFK since I have a connecting flight in DFW and that flight was the only one that gave me the opportunity to connect without sleeping in Arlington, TX.

Thanks for your comments

So I noticed that you also posted in another thread and were told to book a private car service (which is going to be much cheaper than booking the Celebrity transfer for 2 people, anyway). You would have to be seriously delayed getting off the ship to have a problem with a 3pm flight, even out of JFK. You have your answer, so I am done with this conversation.