Glory cabin safe

19cruiser59

Heading out on the Glory next week. 1st time on the Glory!

Anyone who has been on the ship recently, can you tell me if the safe operates with a pushbutton code or via a sliding card.?

Thanks!

We had a card reader in 7233.

Is there a reason to not just use a current credit card?

I have a hole punched in my old gift card and keep it on my lanyard with my S&S card. When they used to have the Bibles in the cabins, that would be my hiding spot. I would always use an old one just in case it got demagnetized.

I have a hole punched in my old gift card and keep it on my lanyard with my S&S card. When they used to have the Bibles in the cabins, that would be my hiding spot. I would always use an old one just in case it got demagnetized.

Okay, thanks. I was just curious since a few posts in a row mentioned using old gift cards, etc... I thought I should ask in case there is smart reason to not use current cards. Getting one demagnetized is a pretty good reason. :-)

Okay, thanks. I was just curious since a few posts in a row mentioned using old gift cards, etc... I thought I should ask in case there is smart reason to not use current cards. Getting one demagnetized is a pretty good reason. :-)

I suppose it's a small chance, but one nonetheless. Wore out my old Victoria's Secret Gift Card after using it for a couple years for my safes half way through a cruise once. Would kind of be a pain if that happened to a good CC.

Is there a reason to not just use a current credit card?

There are rare occasions the magnetic strip on your CC made be wiped out.

(And, on the paranoid side, your information about your CC account may be stolen by unscrupulous employees. :o) :confused:

To tell you true, I had an old Sears card that worked for a couple of days, then fail. A call to the front desk, and using a "new" mag card straightened out the situation. Why did the card fail? Nobody knows. I'm just glad it wasn't my CC that failed.

I cant remember, are S&S cards magnetic or do they use bar or QR codes? If magnetic will they work? I have only sailed the Breeze and had a touch code version. What type do they have on the Freedom?

I cant remember, are S&S cards magnetic or do they use bar or QR codes? If magnetic will they work? I have only sailed the Breeze and had a touch code version. What type do they have on the Freedom?

They can work, but they recommend you not use them in case they get demagnetized. It can be a PITA to have to go to GS to get a new S&S card.

cf4afcd0ebdab7ce61a5a5276fc15e0a.jpg

I suppose it's a small chance, but one nonetheless. Wore out my old Victoria's Secret Gift Card after using it for a couple years for my safes half way through a cruise once. Would kind of be a pain if that happened to a good CC.
That's a sad ending to a very worthwhile card. :D