Carnival Glory Rescues Norwegian Getaway Crew Member

I have been following the thread on the NCL Boards about a crew member that jumped overboard last night from Getaway. When he was discovered missing Getaway notified the USCG and turned around and sailed back to search. It was just reported a little while ago that the man was found alive and rescued by Carnival Glory!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been following the thread on the NCL Boards about a crew member that jumped overboard last night from Getaway. When he was discovered missing Getaway notified the USCG and turned around and sailed back to search. It was just reported a little while ago that the man was found alive and rescued by Carnival Glory!

That is one lucky crew member.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's amazing! I'd been following that thread.

Really? The poster was saying it compassionately as the crew member most likely jumped on their own free will. I too hope this miracle brings them the help they need to overcome their troubles.

Also, who wouldn’t want to hear more about good news where someone as small as a needle in a haystack was miraculously rescued? The poster didn’t say they wanted to hear or see the private details personal only to the rescued.

Agree

As I know how unlikely this rescue was, I’d be interested in hearing more. Was Glory actively searching for him or was this pure chance? Why do I think he needs help?! Because anyone who attempts suicide likely is in a dark place and needs help.

Lucky person , prayers for him.

From what I read earlier today the Carnival Glory which left Miami Saturday was in the immediate area enroute to Cozumel, Mexico when a crew member saw the person in the water. The bridge was notified, the ship slowed down, a few safety devices were thrown into the water and a lifeboat was launched to retrieve the man. He was very lucky to survive the fall and being in the water over twelve hours. He is receiving medical care on The Carnival Glory and will be removed from the ship when it reaches Cozumel. I’m pretty sure that his employment with NCL was terminated due to his actions. Someone up there was apparently watching over him. Congratulations to the crew of the Carnival Glory for a job well done.

Incredible outcome to the story

We were on the Magic (John was actually the CD) when an employee jumped and was recused in fairly heavy seas on the last night. I think he had a broken arm, but very lucky never the less. This guy is much luckier.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Amazing outcome! We were on the Glory in May when our arrival in ST Thomas was delayed due to a Crew member of the MSC going overboard. Unfortunately after several hours of searching we were released and the poor soul was never found:(

First of all, if you are not involved, what does it matter (people on Glory coming here to tell us more)

Second, what makes you think he needs “help”?

Maybe you are kidding?? Anyone who jumps from a cruise ship needs help. Full stop.