NCL Free Ferry Tickets And Wait Times?

Laszlo

Wondering if you get tickets for the ferry for certain times? We are planning to use it on a Thursday from the Escape. Looks like the first one out is 9am. How crowded does it get?

Thanks

don't know about tickets, but just show up with your NCL pass and show it when boarding. For wait times, the departure times from the Dockyard are 9am, 11:30am, 2pm, & 4:30pm (Bermuda time).on Wed & Thurs. It only makes 4 round trips on Wed & Thurs and one on Fri.

If you would like to watch it, check out the Bermuda Cam

SBtS

What's is St. George? If i recall, it was all shopping. Beaches?

I would have to say your recollection is a bit foggy.

St George's is a UNESCO World Heritage Center. There is some shopping but not an abundance. If you want to shop, you go to Hamilton or the Clocktower Mall at the Dockyard. There are 3 small beaches that are about a 20 minute walk from the ferry dock, but they do not match the beauty and size of South Shore beaches especially Horseshoe Bay Beach.

SBtS

We will be going to Bermuda in Aug. on NCL Dawn. Does NCL provide passengers with free Ferry Tickets? If so can you elaborate, please?

Thank you

When I answered a like question in post #2 of this thread, I did not know of tickets and still do not know of tickets, and since nobody corrected me, I must be correct. Your NCL sea pass card should be all you need to board the ferry. Just get in line before scheduled departure and show it as you board.

SBtS

When getting off the ship, which way does one go to this free ferry?

Also, I did inquire earlier this year and the rep said you have to get tickets from guest services to board the ferry.

Never trust anything a telephone customer service rep tells you. ;)

Which ship are you on? If you're on Escape docking at Heritage Wharf the ferry will be directly across from the ship. if you're on Dawn, docking at Kings Wharf, you have to walk from Kings Wharf to Heritage Wharf to get the NCL ferry.

Never trust anything a telephone customer service rep tells you. ;)

Which ship are you on? If you're on Escape docking at Heritage Wharf the ferry will be directly across from the ship. if you're on Dawn, docking at Kings Wharf, you have to walk from Kings Wharf to Heritage Wharf to get the NCL ferry.

I didn't know there were two wharfs in that area. Now I'll have to check to see where we are docking. Wondering if a taxi straight from the dock to the zoo will be easier.

I didn't know there were two wharfs in that area. Now I'll have to check to see where we are docking. Wondering if a taxi straight from the dock to the zoo will be easier.

Which NCL ship are you on? Escape docks at Heritage Wharf, Dawn at Kings Wharf. It hardly matters for purposes of catching the free NCL ferry or the public ferry...the two piers are literally a stone's throw from each other.

A taxi to the zoo will be very expensive. Mon. to Sat. the approximate one way fare for 1-4 passengers will be $57 plus tip, for 5-7 passengers $72 plus tip. 25 % and 50% surcharges, respectively, apply on Sunday.

Which NCL ship are you on? Escape docks at Heritage Wharf, Dawn at Kings Wharf. It hardly matters for purposes of catching the free NCL ferry or the public ferry...the two piers are literally a stone's throw from each other.

A taxi to the zoo will be very expensive. Mon. to Sat. the approximate one way fare for 1-4 passengers will be $57 plus tip, for 5-7 passengers $72 plus tip. 25 % and 50% surcharges, respectively, apply on Sunday.

We're on the Escape. Is the Heritage Wharf in the same area as the Clocktower shops and Frog & Onion?

And yes, ouch -- that taxi fare is very high.

Here is a diagram of the Dockyard showing the location of the 2 wharves:

enhance

It certainly would be easier taking a taxi from the Dockyard to BAMZ, but the fare would be about $57 plus tip for up to 4 paxs, Mon to Sat travel. Being easier costs.

What cruise ship will you be on to Bermuda? The group here knows which cruise ship uses which wharf.

SBtS

We're on the Escape. Is the Heritage Wharf in the same area as the Clocktower shops and Frog & Onion?

And yes, ouch -- that taxi fare is very high.

Both Heritage Wharf and Kings Wharf are located in the Royal Naval Dockyard right next each other. You will dock at Heritage Wharf with the Escape, but it makes no difference whether you're at Heritage or Kings.

Look at the diagram posted by SBtS in the post immediately prior to this one.

So this is probably a dumb question, but in looking at the previous map of the Wharfs, the area that says "Ferry Wharf" -- is that the public ferry only, or does the NCL free ferry leave from there also -- or is it docked where the ships are docked?

So this is probably a dumb question, but in looking at the previous map of the Wharfs, the area that says "Ferry Wharf" -- is that the public ferry only, or does the NCL free ferry leave from there also -- or is it docked where the ships are docked?

Your question is odd since it was already answered in a reply to you in this thread. The NCL ferry leaves from Heritage Wharf. It will be across from Escape at Heritage Wharf.

Your question is odd since it was already answered in a reply to you in this thread. The NCL ferry leaves from Heritage Wharf. It will be across from Escape at Heritage Wharf.

Sorry about that - I got that we're docked there, but didn't catch that the ferry is also there. Doing too many things at once today. Thank you for your kind response.