Norwegian Cruise to Bermuda August 10th Tours

stretch1234

Does anyone have recommendations for tours off the ship. We are interested in taking tours not associated with the ship. Are there any travelers on the cruise who would be interested in sharing a blue flag taxi? One of the options were on arrival taking a few hour tour to get lay of the land. We are also interested in going to a beach one of the other days.

Edited by stretch1234
misspelled word

Are you on the Dawn?

We have decided to rent scooters ( I wanted to get the Twizy's but waited too long to book!) We are going to just explore on our own.

I advise against most tourists renting scooters. I have seen too many on my cruises with injuries. A few with major breaks and many with less major bruises and scrapes. I have been on over 10 cruises to Bermuda and seen some damaged people on every one of them. Know someone who broke her pelvis in a scooter accident. The roads are windy, no shoulders and driving on the other side than Americans are used to. If you do I hope you purchased travel insurance and are traveling with a passport in case you have to fly back.

I have linked to Big Mikes guide, Should you Rent a Scooter in Bermuda, which he posted here a few years ago.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1883095

Edited by Charles4515

Yes we are on the Dawn for the 10th August. Scooters out for us. Plan to take a Blue Flag cab upon arrival for an afternoon tour and to get a lay of the land. Understand they take 4 so we are looking to share cost if someone//couple interested.

Also interested in doing similar for a day at a beach. Our first visit so unfamliarwith the Island

Yes we are on the Dawn for the 10th August. Scooters out for us. Plan to take a Blue Flag cab upon arrival for an afternoon tour and to get a lay of the land. Understand they take 4 so we are looking to share cost if someone//couple interested.

Also interested in doing similar for a day at a beach. Our first visit so unfamliarwith the Island

To get the most popular beach, beautiful Horseshoe Bay, which has chair rentals and facilities there is already a ride share service. Mininbus shuttles from off the dock to the beach. They are $7 each way.

Another thing to do in Bermuda is visit St. George's. As you are on NCL, NCL runs a free ferry to St. George's which is a World Heritage Site. St. George's is easily DIY very walkable. There is a small beach near the town that has facilities which has easy snorkeling. Not as nice as the south shore beaches like Horseshoe but if you snorkel worth an hour or two of time.

To get the most popular beach, beautiful Horseshoe Bay, which has chair rentals and facilities there is already a ride share service. Mininbus shuttles from off the dock to the beach. They are $7 each way..

To catch the minibus shuttles to Horseshoe Bay, is there a pick up stop close by the cruise ports? Does the shuttle leave you close by the beach or is there still a walk?

To catch the minibus shuttles to Horseshoe Bay, is there a pick up stop close by the cruise ports? Does the shuttle leave you close by the beach or is there still a walk?

As answered above the minibus picks up right off the dock. Also there is a map in the other thread you posted to of the dock area. They go right down to the parking area next to the facilities at Horseshoe which is at the beach.