Bermuda in One Day

carnival03

Hi!

We'll be in Bermuda next May for one day, 8:00 to 4:00 to be exact. I was wondering if it's feasible to try to visit both Horseshoe Bay in the morning and Hamilton in the afternoon, or vice versa. Probably would only need an hour in Hamilton (shopping), and about 4.5 hours of beach time.

If this plan is feasible, what is the most economical and logical way about getting to both places. We've never been to Bermuda before and excited to experience all we can!

Hi!

We'll be in Bermuda next May for one day, 8:00 to 4:00 to be exact. I was wondering if it's feasible to try to visit both Horseshoe Bay in the morning and Hamilton in the afternoon, or vice versa. Probably would only need an hour in Hamilton (shopping), and about 4.5 hours of beach time.

If this plan is feasible, what is the most economical and logical way about getting to both places. We've never been to Bermuda before and excited to experience all we can!

Is that one day a Saturday? I suggest not doing both Hamilton and Horseshoe Bay on a one day port call. Either one or the other. I would do Horseshoe in the morning, taking a minibus there and back and leave an hour or so for shopping at the Dockyard at the end before your ship departs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that one day a Saturday? I suggest not doing both Hamilton and Horseshoe Bay on a one day port call. Either one or the other. I would do Horseshoe in the morning, taking a minibus there and back and leave an hour or so for shopping at the Dockyard at the end before your ship departs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is a Saturday, and from what I've researched, transportation can be limited on weekends. I understand where you're coming from and will probably do a plan similar to what you mentioned. What kind of shops are at the Dockyard? Also, is the minibus system separate from the Bermuda bus system? What is the typical cost?

It is a Saturday, and from what I've researched, transportation can be limited on weekends. I understand where you're coming from and will probably do a plan similar to what you mentioned. What kind of shops are at the Dockyard? Also, is the minibus system separate from the Bermuda bus system? What is the typical cost?

The minibus costs $7 per person each way. It is a shared ride. You could also take a taxi. The minibuses are privately operated are seperate from the public bus system.

A list of some of the shops is in the link below. Those are in the Clocktower Mall. There are other shops as well. One of my favorites is the Bermuda Craft Market. There is also a Glassworks which sells nice glass pieces.

https://www.gotobermuda.com/article/bermuda-shopping-spree-the-clocktower-mall

The minibus costs $7 per person each way. It is a shared ride. You could also take a taxi. The minibuses are privately operated are seperate from the public bus system.

A list of some of the shops is in the link below. Those are in the Clocktower Mall. There are other shops as well. One of my favorites is the Bermuda Craft Market. There is also a Glassworks which sells nice glass pieces.

https://www.gotobermuda.com/article/bermuda-shopping-spree-the-clocktower-mall

Thanks for the info! :cool:

• 1 month later...

I will be in Bermuda in August, are minibuses always available and reliable on Saturday? Do they make the same stops and the public buses or is it a direct ride to Horseshoe bay? How long is the ride?

Does anyone have a picture available of what they look like and where to catch one?

I will be in Bermuda in August, are minibuses always available and reliable on Saturday? Do they make the same stops and the public buses or is it a direct ride to Horseshoe bay? How long is the ride?

Does anyone have a picture available of what they look like and where to catch one?

Mini-buses are available whenever a cruise ship is at the Dockyard. The mini-buses go directly to Horseshoe Bay. The ride takes about 25-30 minutes depending on local traffic.

Here is a diagram of the Transportation Zone:

enhance

Mini buses would be found at Zone 5 backed in the traffic island.

SBtS