Luggage Forward Miami

retafcruiser

Hello retafcruiser:

I have used LuggageForward for many years. Arriving at Miami is super easy. As you depart the customs hall with your baggage, the LuggageForward rep will meet you just outside the door. He has always been standing on the right with his sign, identifying himself. The rep also always had duplicate paperwork, in case we had misplaced ours. Had my baggage within 2 days. Great service. Can not recommend enough.

Hope this helps you some.

Well, we had the opposite situation in Miami. There was no one there and only a large pile of luggage, to which we added ours. I called Luggage Forward's 800 number and they said their rep was stuck in traffic and would be there soon. An hour later and no one had appeared. We finally just left our bags and left the port. Our luggage did get to our home, and I lodged a complaint with Luggage Forward.

Actually, I would not worry too much re getting luggage home. It will certainly eventually show up. What I worry about is having it miss the ship outbound. That said, we are using LF again on our next cruise next month.

• 3 weeks later...

We have used Luggage Free (similar to Luggage Forward) on 5 or 6 cruises to send one large bag directly to the ship and then home on debarkation, both domestically (New York and Miami) and internationally (Europe and Australia). Every time the bag was at our suite upon embarkation and upon disembarking the rep was there to take it immediately upon exiting customs, with one exception. The only time there was no rep was leaving a Viking Oceans Cruise, where the cruise line clearly had no experience with this service. They must have figured it out, as the bag arrived home right on schedule from Stockholm. All Oceania cruises were flawless. Wonderful to have only small carryons for that pre-cruise day or three. Love the service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wonderful to have only small carryons for that pre-cruise day or three. Love the service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I couldn't agree more, It's really had a positive affect on the "Dreading air travel" index. Still dread it, but not as much.

What happens if your luggage arrives at your home, before you do? Where will they hold it, and will they redeliver it, or must you go and get it?

Or...can you request them to not deliver it until a certain time/date, from the beginning?

I am thinking about using this service at the end of a world cruise, but may stay a day or two in Miami before flying home, so wondered how that would work. Otherwise, I will just keep all my bags with me, and not use the service...:confused:

Go to Luggage Forward's website and do a dummy booking. (Don't forget to check the box "departing from a cruise) You will see that, depending on price, the delivery time is anywhere from 1 to 7 days.

Oceania is offering us the service for free. Is that the company that Oceania uses? I see you have options for 1,2,3, or 5 business days. If that's the case...it would work for me....thanks!