Packets from Oceania

Eartha Kitten

Our cruise is in less than 60 days and we've received nothing tangible from Oceania. When our TA contacted them, she was told that we'll get something in the mail at "some point" prior to the cruise. We booked this almost a year ago and are new to cruising. Is this normal, to wait so long before mailing any info? Thanks all you experienced cruisers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We received the boarding document package for our upcoming cruise roughly 2 months before sailing. If you are roughly 60 days out, the documents should arrive soon. You might want to make sure that your TA used your correct mailing address.

make sure your TA has it sent to you & not to the TA who may have to forward it on to you

It is a Blue Book that has your name showing through the front cover

Some people just think it is more advertising

If you do not get it it is not a big deal you can get luggage tags at the port from the porters & about 3 wks prior you will get a FINAL CRUISE SUMMARY via email from Oceania

it has all the info you need just print it off & take it with you ..in case the port authorities want proof you are on the cruise

You just need your passport, any VISAs if required & a credit card at check in

We've had various times! Our November 2017 cruise, we received the blue book at least 2 months in advance. But I was concerned when we didn't receive the May 2018 cruise documents when we were a month away. Our TA told us because we were a B2B it took longer, and sure enough they arrived shortly thereafter. It seems because we were a B2B we had two separate booklets.

But there was one time some years ago when it was virtually time to leave and nothing had arrived. In that case they Fedxd the docs to us.

It doesn't hurt to ask again, I suppose, although I think I'd wait until the 30 day mark to do so.

Not everyone considers whether passengers might be doing precruise travels that would require earlier delivery of the documents!

Mura

Yes, we are spending travel time out of the country prior to cruise. What is the reason they would cut it so close? Is it just Oceania or do all cruise lines wait? What information would they not have, say 90 days out? Just a newbie wondering.

Yes, we are spending travel time out of the country prior to cruise. What is the reason they would cut it so close? Is it just Oceania or do all cruise lines wait? What information would they not have, say 90 days out? Just a newbie wondering.

The mass market lines don't even send booklets anymore. I was pleasantly surprised to get the blue book from Oceania. Celebrity moved to edocs years ago.

We don't normally travel a long time before boarding a ship but it's certainly not unusual for people to do so. When we took our first Viking river boat cruise back in October '03, we'd spent a week or more with friends in Denmark (traveling through Denmark and northern Germany) before boarding the river boat in Amsterdam. Afterwards, we spent more time in Europe. That was one of our longer trips.

But we saw that most of the passengers on our riverboat were very well traveled. Most of them had traveled independent before and after the cruise, and most of them had been just about all over the world. We thought we were well traveled until we talked to them!

Getting our cruise docs didn't really matter then but it certainly can if you are traveling in advance of your cruise.

Your TA should know if that's your case, but just in case -- make sure he/she knows! If you are leaving well before the cruise and need to have your documents earlier than most passengers do, they should know.

Mura

As long as you have your personal Guest form filled in it should all go OK

The Blue Booklet is not as special as it used to be & really not required as I said above

Some people have reported that their TA got the book & tossed it or maybe sent the luggage tags but not the book (costs more for them)

It is kind of of nice for first timers to Oceania to get the book

We got our blue book about 60 days out. We appreciated the beautiful colorful hard copy we didn’t have to print ourselves. Yes, the only real documents in it were our luggage tags but all the shore tours are detailed in one place, etc. as well as information about pre and post tours . It is something we can show to family and friends , etc.

I would vote for later shipment of the blue book. I like, when stating in a PH, that our Specialty Restaurant reservations are typically printed/listed in the Blue Book. When staying in a Concierge cabin, which can only make such reservations at 60 days out, they aren’t listed. I would much prefer receiving them around 30 days out and having the detail information than getting them early with pages of generic gobblygook.

We are in the Uk. This will be our 1st Oceania cruise.

We travel on the 22nd of July to New York and sail on the 25th....less than 30 days. Our TA is on the ball, has booked our transfers, excursions, speciality restaurants,

Day hotel for the day we disembark etc. Our TA said Documents usually came between 3 and 2 weeks before sailing.

I am sure she would have forwarded the documents on if she had had them.

Perhaps Oceania have different arrangements for different countries.

Interested to hear from others in the UK when they have received their Documents.

We are in England and booked through a travel agent. Our blue book arrived today for our cruise in two months time. So you should have had yours some time ago. The only essential thing in it is the luggage labels, although I think you can always get some from the porters at the cruise terminal if necessary and write on your cabin number.

OK. Guess I'll just relax and not sweat the small stuff. Thanks to all.

If you do not get the booklet within 5-6 of the cruise I would ask your TA if they have it sent to you from Oceania or to them ?

If it is your 1st Oceania cruise it is anice thing to get but not essential

You should get the email from Oceania about 3 weeks prior

the heading is usually

Important - Oceania Cruises Final Cruise Vacation Summary: surname/booking number

Just print it off & take it with you

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Sometimes the postal system fails. We were doing a back to back and never received the first one. The second one we got about 25 days before we were due to leave on the first part. Oceania tried regular post twice and then gave up and couriered it to our TA.

• 2 weeks later...

We may be on the same cruise as we also leave on 25th. We have received nothing and we cruise in 17 days. A few weeks ago TA said we should get it ‘soon’. I called O myself July 3, rep checked and said ‘soon’. Since this is our first O cruise it would be nice to have the booklet with the info, when to arrive at port, pier number......... We did get confirmation that we paid on May 29 and room number.

Trying not to sweat the small stuff. :confused:

At least with Celebrity the info was available when we lodged into the website and we could print it ourselves.

We may be on the same cruise as we also leave on 25th. We have received nothing and we cruise in 17 days. A few weeks ago TA said we should get it ‘soon’. I called O myself July 3, rep checked and said ‘soon’. Since this is our first O cruise it would be nice to have the booklet with the info, when to arrive at port, pier number......... We did get confirmation that we paid on May 29 and room number.

Trying not to sweat the small stuff. :confused:

At least with Celebrity the info was available when we lodged into the website and we could print it ourselves.

Don't stress too much. As you're sailing in an Owners Suite AND have a husband with special needs, they're likely to treat you like gold at the pier, whatever time you arrive.

Make certain that each of you each have a passport and a valid credit card on your person, and you needn't even worry about being separated while collecting the scooter.

Sailing in a big Suite is a VERY different experience.......ENJOY IT!

We may be on the same cruise as we also leave on 25th. We have received nothing and we cruise in 17 days. A few weeks ago TA said we should get it ‘soon’. I called O myself July 3, rep checked and said ‘soon’. Since this is our first O cruise it would be nice to have the booklet with the info, when to arrive at port, pier number......... .

The email with the Final Cruise Summary has the port info

What port do to embark at?

You can always look up the pier if no info arrives

Our summary di not come until 2 wks prior our TA said they were have computer issues & behind schedule

The onboard experience is a lot better Usually :D