Celebrity $ compared to Carnival and Royal

I’m eyeballing some winter prices for next year and other folks have commented on this too. Maybe not the basic price but when you deduct the free perks – X is often times the cheapest with the 5 night West Caribbean. I saw a chart where some of the 7 nights do too. Most folks like balconies so I’m looking at those prices.

Celebrity Infinity Dec 16 2019

$659 with $300 spending = $509

Brilliance of the Seas Dec 14 2019

$579 with $100 spending = $529

Carnival Valor Dec 16 2019

$609 with $0 spending = $609

No Norwegian 5 nighters - the 7 day starts at $1,200! Princess is about the same - and $699 for 3 days.

Why is it so inexpensive and why aren't more folks jumping on board? I know that it is more upscale so it seems like a good opportunity to try it out. Maybe some folks want more slides and a party atmosphere but the value is why Cindy and I are trying out the X this year and maybe next.

Edited by Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter

I’m eyeballing some winter prices for next year and other folks have commented on this too. Maybe not the basic price but when you deduct the free perks – X is often times the cheapest with the 5 night West Caribbean. I saw a chart where some of the 7 nights do too. Most folks like balconies so I’m looking at those prices.

Celebrity Infinity Dec 16 2019

$659 with $300 spending = $509

Brilliance of the Seas Dec 14 2019

$579 with $100 spending = $529

Carnival Valor Dec 16 2019

$609 with no bonus

Why is it so inexpensive and why aren't more folks jumping on board? I know that it is more upscale so it seems like a good opportunity to try it out. Maybe some folks want more slides and a party atmosphere but the value is why Cindy and I are trying out the X this year and maybe next.

Book it !!!!!

If you are looking for a relaxing, upscale cruise then try Celebrity. If you are looking for comedy clubs, piano bars and the bells & whistles of flow rides, rock walls, hairy chests competitions then X isn’t for you.

We are Diamond on RCCL and Platinum on Carnival and have enjoyed many cruises on both but at this point we don’t want a cruise with all the things that attract families with kids. Did a Royal Cruise last December (early in the month, kids should have been in school) overrun with kids. Probably our last Royal Cruise; all are good it just depends on what you are looking for.

Just realized he is back again! Wish I had looked closer before I responded. Not sure what the agenda is but not a thread of value.

We'll see it depends on what idea folks bring and inside information. Don't sell everyone short just yet and other wondering the same thing. It is all about value - bang per buck between the cruise lines in the winter.

Edited by Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter

If you are looking for a relaxing, upscale cruise then try Celebrity. If you are looking for comedy clubs, piano bars and the bells & whistles of flow rides, rock walls, hairy chests competitions then X isn’t for you.

We are Diamond on RCCL and Platinum on Carnival and have enjoyed many cruises on both but at this point we don’t want a cruise with all the things that attract families with kids. Did a Royal Cruise last December (early in the month, kids should have been in school) overrun with kids. Probably our last Royal Cruise; all are good it just depends on what you are looking for.

That is why I always go September - early December or in April.

Why is it so inexpensive and why aren't more folks jumping on board?.

Because it's a 5 day Western in mid Dec . A slow time, and a short cruise, and right before Christmas. 3 strikes. But hey, if the price is all that matters, then jump on it.

However, given your previous threads, yearning for the wonders of Carnival and RCI, and constantly asking why Celebrity doesn't have them, I doubt that your upcoming Celebrity cruise will leave you wanting another .

Because it's a 5 day Western in mid Dec . A slow time, and a short cruise, and right before Christmas. 3 strikes. But hey, if the price is all that matters, then jump on it.

However, given your previous threads, yearning for the wonders of Carnival and RCI, and constantly asking why Celebrity doesn't have them, I doubt that your upcoming Celebrity cruise will leave you wanting another .

You might end up being right - but at least we're giving it a shot. Someone mentioned Haven with NCL. Looking more into them Cindy could have more upscale dining options and the fun ship features that we both enjoy.

Back to pricing - it could be that more kids are out of school and the families are leaning more on the fun ships.

I know it is a good price! I'm waiting till our cruise in October on the Summit and hopefully it doesn't go up.

If you are considering a second future Celebrity cruise, I would suggest trying one of the Solstice Class ships. The Silhouette is my favorite Solstice Class ship, but I like them all.

From my experience there is nothing consistent about Celebrity pricing, it is very variable depending on demand.

We frequently find that when we price apples to apples, Celebrity is frequently cheaper. Most of the time we can get a balcony on Celebrity including a drink package for less than the equivalent Royal Caribbean cruise in an inside and adding a drink package. It just looks like more money on Celebrity on the "first page" until we start adding the extras we will use and compare final pricing.

Speaking of tuna, maybe the OP could get a real good deal on an Alaskan cruise in December.

Wow!

Why stop with tuna - when you can call me a tunahead? I don't know why folks are going after me when I don't set these prices. I have the unique situation having sailed Carnival for years to see what more folks might like to see and cross over - all you have to do is look at the prices. That's just one idea it is probably more complicated than that and more ways to compete without copying the fun ships - like others have said.

I'm going to move this topic over to a Caribbean thread where more folks hop around to different cruise lines.

when you deduct the free perks – X is often times the cheapest.

There in lies the issue- what is the value of free perks - I don't see the value of the cruise being inflated by $300 to offer me free wifi when I use my holidays for a digital detox. My wife doesn't drink so sees little value in heavily inflated price that offers free drinks - the perks are worth the value you put on them not what Celebrity puts on them

Wow!

Why stop with tuna - when you can call me a tunahead? I don't know why folks are going after me when I don't set these prices. I have the unique situation having sailed Carnival for years to see what more folks might like to see and cross over - all you have to do is look at the prices. That's just one idea it is probably more complicated than that and more ways to compete without copying the fun ships - like others have said.

I'm going to move this topic over to a Caribbean thread where more folks hop around to different cruise lines.

Best news I've heard today!:p

• 2 weeks later...
There in lies the issue- what is the value of free perks - I don't see the value of the cruise being inflated by $300 to offer me free wifi when I use my holidays for a digital detox. My wife doesn't drink so sees little value in heavily inflated price that offers free drinks - the perks are worth the value you put on them not what Celebrity puts on them

That's why the Spring Break folks end up getting the most value and just about end up sailing for free.

You can book Celebrity without the packages, and save money, but then you will wind up with a pretty good bill at the end of the cruise.

I book without any packages and have had a zero balance on my last six cruises, in fact I've had obc from my travel agency credited back to my credit card every time. The 240 minutes of internet and the free drinks for two hours is more than enough for us.