Scooter on Labadee

jerseyaxn

Has anyone taking a scooter on Labadee?can you get a scooter near the cabanas or bungalows?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Have taken a scooter onto Labadee several times There are good paved paths to drive the scooter pretty much around the entire island.

Cabanas - No path off of main path to drive the scooter to the cabana You'll need to have an attendent get you there in a beach wheelchair to get through all the sand. .

Bungalows - There are a couple accessible bungalows but you may have 2 steps into it so really not certain why RCCL considers these a being accessible.

If you want to go into the water beach wheelchairs are stationed just past the entrance on your right. You can leave the scooter over by the benches under the canapy for the tram and one of the RCCL staff will push you on the beach wheelchair. Beach wheelchairs are on a first come first served basis and depending how many ships are there that day the beach wheelchair won't be left for your sole use. Just remember to have your scooter marked with you name, ship and cabin ( I print an extra luggage tag just for the purpose) if you plan to transfer to a beach wheelchair. Also remove the key

We had one of the accessible Over the Water Cabanas on Nellie's Beach (#9) last year. We did not require a scooter and I have no idea how ideal the Cabanas are for a scooter user but I assume they are somewhat accessible.

They can drive you right up to the Cabana (the Cabana attented will get somebody to pick you up as well)

36804716123_69942a5ac2_n.jpg

This is what the walkway behind the cabanas looks like (I don't think it's concrete but fairly hard sand, again they drive the golf carts along here, you will know better than I if you could possibly ride your scooter on ground like this)

37216460320_541348327a_n.jpg

There are no steps into the accessible Cabanas at Nellie's Beach, there are ramps.

There is also a ramp down to the beach but you end up in the sand. Unless you can walk a few steps you will not be able to get into the water or you will need a beach wheelchair

37443484432_e0e5b89011_n.jpg

36804675203_986608db9b_n.jpg

If you rent a Cabana you will need to confirm, reconfirm and rereconfirm that you are getting what you need. We didn't necessarily need an accessible Cabana but one that has a handrail at the stairs that lead into the water... we were told we were assigned Cabana #6 on board (which would have worked for us, so we confirmed this assignment) and were then taken to the first Cabana on the other side of the beach (#1)

37474447941_de8c0aa619_n.jpg

As DH can do stairs as long as he holds on to something (this Cabana does have two steps at the end of the ramp) Cabana access would have been all right but to get into the water he would have had to walk around half the cove (water access is down the stairs in front of the Cabana). The whole back and forth spoiled the whole day a bit, thankfully they could accommodate us in the end.

I don't think the Bungalows at Columbus Cove are accessible by scooter but can't really tell from my pictures (there is a wooden walkway that leads up the the Bungalows but I have no idea if that continues behind the entracen to the Bungalow area). Somebody elsewill probably know better.