Majesty of the Seas door width

Roamer321

My wife is in a transport wheelchair. It is only 22" wide. What is the cabin and bathroom door width? She can walk a short distance assisted.

Standard cabin doors on all RCCL's ships are 23" wide from door frame to door frame. Being the cabin door does not open flush to the wall than 2" must be deducted for the depth of the door when open leaving a total clearance of only 21" .

Same applies to standard cabin bathroom doors. In fact the bathroom door may even have a smaller clearance. Additionally there is a step to get in/out of the bathroom. The shower also has above a 4" lip. Additionally there is no space for a transport chair and or walker to fit into a standard cabin bathroom.

Full suites ( not Junior Suites) have a wider cabin door but the bathroom door as well as the interior of the bathroom will still pose the same issues as any standard cabin bathroom.

If the transport chair is required to get your wife into the bathroom than an accessible cabin is required.

When Ruth and I stayed in a standard cabin, she had a little home-made wooden step stool approximately 2” high. I believe the step up into the bathroom is 4”. Anyway, with that little step stool, she could get in and out of the bathroom on her own with her crutches.

Have wonderful cruise,

Betty