MSC Black Card Questions

rklrkl

We are sailing on the Seaside in November as "Black Card" members (due to Celebrity match).

One of the perks is a certificate for specialty dining for 2 tastings menu. Anyone have an idea what a tasting menu consists of?

For black card meals go to the section of the menu labeled "Dining Experience". Teppanyaki was not allowed as a black card meal when I sailed in February.

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Assets/BUTCHERS_CUT_FOOD_ENG.PDF

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Assets/Chef_Roy_Yamaguchi_ENG.PDF

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Assets/OCEAN_CAY_MENU_ENG.PDF

Ate-Awesome that you replied with links, vs. the typical...’do a search’ type response many on here provide...forums are not archives and many threads get off topic very fast.

Being Black Card has several perks and the free speciality dinner is just one. The welcome back meet and greet, priority on/off is another...

I will enjoy another BC speciality meal in 14 days, yeah I’m counting...ready now!

MSC does a good job recognizing loyalty, if by earning directly or indirectly through a match. As a business traveler, I have earned many elite status levels and have obtained a couple through a match/challenge...

Black Card is the same either way of earned or matched...Enjoy!

A side question: does the MSC loyalty match also include the points for attaining that status ? Like matching the Black Card you start at 10,000 points of just 0 point like a newcomer with a Black Card status ?

Edited by blordos

If MSC did a good job of recognising loyalty they would not have stuffed their previous loyalty Club black card holders when they came up with the voyagers club, and Cutting their benefits in the process.

A side question: does the MSC loyalty match also include the points for attaining that status ? Like matching the Black Card you start at 10,000 points of just 0 point like a newcomer with a Black Card status ?

you start with 10,000 points for Black status and continue to build up points from there

Pete

you start with 10,000 points for Black status and continue to build up points from there

Pete

... the extra points being of no use as there isn't a higher tier to aim for (nor any sign of one coming anytime soon!) :mad:

(Sorry, Pete - just a bugbear of mine).

... the extra points being of no use as there isn't a higher tier to aim for (nor any sign of one coming anytime soon!) :mad:

(Sorry, Pete - just a bugbear of mine).

I keep getting told by the onboard voyagers club rep that a new tier is in the planning and should be announced soon.

This was what happened on my last four cruises with MSC Orchestra, Splendida, Meraviglia and Seaview, in that order.

I live in hope that a new level is forthcoming and that the points value is set so that I either get it straight away or can get there in one or two cruises.

Pete

I keep getting told by the onboard voyagers club rep that a new tier is in the planning and should be announced soon.

This was what happened on my last four cruises with MSC Orchestra, Splendida, Meraviglia and Seaview, in that order.

I live in hope that a new level is forthcoming and that the points value is set so that I either get it straight away or can get there in one or two cruises.

Pete

Same here, Pete. I reckon I've enough points to be at or near the level that may be required (especially going on your theory of how the points would be set). I'll have 34,700 plus OBS points after our upcoming Poesia cruise in 2 weeks time.

I was very convincingly told last December that a new tier was mooted to be introduced after Seaview's inaugural. The name 'Platinum' was mentioned at the time. Some months later, speaking with someone in the UK office, again the name 'Platinum' was mentioned, which really made me feel that it was in the offing.

Same here, Pete. I reckon I've enough points to be at or near the level that may be required (especially going on your theory of how the points would be set). I'll have 34,700 plus OBS points after our upcoming Poesia cruise in 2 weeks time.

I was very convincingly told last December that a new tier was mooted to be introduced after Seaview's inaugural. The name 'Platinum' was mentioned at the time. Some months later, speaking with someone in the UK office, again the name 'Platinum' was mentioned, which really made me feel that it was in the offing.

I have 22700 with 1000 +OBS to come in Nov, so I'm hopimg they will set it at 20,000 or no more than 25,000

Pete

Bea ... Roxanne in the UK office also seemed to think it would happen after I mailed her with a couple of ideas,one of which was one she has put forward to those up above which is along similar lines to her own.

I think you will recall me mentioning it to you earlier this year.

Bea ... Roxanne in the UK office also seemed to think it would happen after I mailed her with a couple of ideas,one of which was one she has put forward to those up above which is along similar lines to her own.

I think you will recall me mentioning it to you earlier this year.

Yeah ... I spoke to her around the same time - she was very receptive to ideas. She said that she was receiving a lot of questions from Black Card members with a similar number of points to my own and that MSC HQ were aware of the demand for a higher tier to be introduced.

She emailed me the other day, asking me to call her about another matter; I might raise the subject with her again (though I doubt that she'll have any more information than she did back then).

I rang MSC this morning (we haven't received our tickets yet! :mad:) and tried to get hold of Roxanne at the same time; she wasn't available so I've left my number for her to give me a call back.

I don't know why she didn't just ring me in the first place (like she did last time) instead of asking me to ring her, when there isn't a direct line to her (or an extension number provided). Anyway, it's about our levels on the website showing us both at Classic, with no points indicated. Plus, I can only log-in to my account under the 'Manage Your Booking' section using a booking number, so I can't check out the status of our 5 bookings without logging out and back in for each one. The site is not accepting my VC number - nor my email account - plus password to log-in. It gives me captchas which, when I input them, it won't accept. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a website issue, very odd about your VC status though. Having said that the travel agent we are currently using was telling me last week that his Black status now shows Silver! some strange things going on with MSC as usual, one of our bookings went off last week and reappeared the following day.

We've been emailing back and forth since JULY 12th!!!! trying to sort out the issue. The main problem I have is that, when we return from our upcoming, I won't be able to check that our points are in order unless the situation is sorted.

I rang MSC this morning (we haven't received our tickets yet! :mad:) and tried to get hold of Roxanne at the same time; she wasn't available so I've left my number for her to give me a call back.

I don't know why she didn't just ring me in the first place (like she did last time) instead of asking me to ring her, when there isn't a direct line to her (or an extension number provided). Anyway, it's about our levels on the website showing us both at Classic, with no points indicated. Plus, I can only log-in to my account under the 'Manage Your Booking' section using a booking number, so I can't check out the status of our 5 bookings without logging out and back in for each one. The site is not accepting my VC number - nor my email account - plus password to log-in. It gives me captchas which, when I input them, it won't accept. :rolleyes:

I have the same problem, and have had it for some time. They tried to fix it for me in July , it worked once then went back to the problem.

I'd be very interested if they can fix yours

Pete

The last time that everything was in order was just after we returned from our April cruise. I was able to check that our points had been added and that the OBS ones were right. It was soon after that that the problem arose. So, I reckon it's since May at least. Funnily, DH's was fine 'til I first contacted Roxanne in July; then his went, too, after that!

Strange thing with the box for the VC number: I get a prompt to input my credit card number. Now, we can't pay for anything on the Ireland website, so that shouldn't be anywhere within the website, let alone be erroneously in that area. :rolleyes:

Received paperwork for one of our cruises from the travel agent along with the new Data compliance rules, Terms and Conditions and Pre contract info ! on top of the MSC booking paperwork and the TA`s.

Start at 10000 and add from there after each cruise taken.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

On that basis I have a question. We will soon take our first MSC cruise having been status matched to Black. Will any spend pre-cruise and during the cruise be added to the 10,000 we start with. We have already purchased an excursion and will be purchasing an internet package and probably some drinks over and above our package.

I realise it's a moot point since there isn't a higher level but am interested to know in the event that one is introduced and that we carry on cruising with MSC