Fans

carlucci40

plenty of WN apps out there. a small battery operated fan would be best since there is always the possibility that a corded one would not be allowed to board/plugged in. or a USB one, maybe. just understand that there may not be a plug near enough to where he plans on sleeping to get any benefit.

If he needs a fan all night, battery operated won't do it...and they're heavy! Get a small, electric desk fan...I have a 5 inch fan I bring, along with an extension cord, as I need it blowing on me all night and there's no plug by the bed! It weighs next to nothing and will do the job for a week. It doesn't make much noise, but that's not why I use it!

• 4 weeks later...

Gina and I are used to sleeping with a fan in the room, so I have a pair of 5Volt USB powered fans that I'll power from the same 6 port USB charger that feeds our phones, tablet, spare batteries, etc.. So, one wall plug will power all USB needs including the fans. Also some 15 foot USB extensions get that power to the bed side of the room for fans and a bedside phone charger. The USB extensions are safer, pack lighter and smaller than regular wall voltage extension cords which it seems some cruise lines are starting to dis-allow.

We brought 2 of the battery operated fans one a cruise. I think they were 5 inches tall. (About as large as my husband's hand.) Even with new batteries they died a few days in. And they didn't provide the noise or airflow we are used to. Since we can't possibly bring our noisy box fan we make do with our phones white noise sounds. If it was a big enough deal for us, I'd bring a small electric desk fan.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I just received my package from Amazon that contained ‘Electro Fan. It’s fantastic! It has 10 different fan sounds, with adjustable volume as well as 10 different white noise sounds. The volume gets loud and it’s perfect for packing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just received my package from Amazon that contained ‘Electro Fan. It’s fantastic! It has 10 different fan sounds, with adjustable volume as well as 10 different white noise sounds. The volume gets loud and it’s perfect for packing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you have the link?! It sounds promising.

That's the exact one we had for years in our room too! It died about 6 months ago, back to the ole box fan standby.

I'd bring one that size on our cruises, but it just takes up so much room in our luggage.

• 2 weeks later...