MSC Lost Items Any Help?

DPIG123

I just recently booked with MSC, and I lost a few important items in my cabin. The same day I disembarkation I filled out the lost and found forum with lots of detail. They should be easy to find, I told them were they were can any of you give me some tips I was thinking about contacting Gene Young (cruise director) because he would actually care. watercolors-with-thank-you-text_1017-7279.jpg

I just recently booked with MSC, and I lost a few important items in my cabin. The same day I disembarkation I filled out the lost and found forum with lots of detail. They should be easy to find, I told them were they were can any of you give me some tips I was thinking about contacting Gene Young (cruise director) because he would actually care. watercolors-with-thank-you-text_1017-7279.jpg

I appreciate you are looking for help and are posting on multiple boards as a result. But for advice on what to do from others, the recommendations you have received to post on the MSC board is the best.

But really the best thing would be to contact MSC and work with the reps there - nobody here can help get your things back.

I appreciate you are looking for help and are posting on multiple boards as a result. But for advice on what to do from others, the recommendations you have received to post on the MSC board is the best.

But really the best thing would be to contact MSC and work with the reps there - nobody here can help get your things back.

Your post was unclear. Something left on a hanger or counter top or hidden in a drawer? Stewards are working on cabins as soon as you leave, they do not do a CSI search of the cabin. Items were found and in process of being returned or they are gone. No matter who you contact, this will not change

Your post was unclear. Something left on a hanger or counter top or hidden in a drawer? Stewards are working on cabins as soon as you leave, they do not do a CSI search of the cabin. Items were found and in process of being returned or they are gone. No matter who you contact, this will not change
I filled there lost and found forum for MSC with a lot of detail.

Keep in mind that you disembarked in the morning of the cruise, by late morning the stewards were flipping the cabin and by early afternoon the new occupants were already in the cabin. You may have filled the form out the day you disembarked but by the time anyone physically on the ship received it, the cabin was probably flipped with new people in it. So the idea that you gave them details on what the items were and where they were isn’t very meaningful. The items could be in the room stewards possession because they were valuable, they could be in a Central lost and found if the steward found them and turned them in, they could be in the new occupants possession if the steward missed them and they were valuable. Hopefully you will get them back, but there are never guarantees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I don't get why they haven't found it yet I am very disappointined I sent it the same day we got off the cruise and with a accurate description telling them exactly were it was but they haven't found it. I called them many times the both apparently looked through the lost and found one of them told me he would send me a email about it immediately it's been weeks and I never got one and they other one said to email the customer support so I did and it said to wait up to 7 business days its been weeks and nothing so if you ever go on MSC tipple check you got everything.

I don't get why they haven't found it yet I am very disappointined I sent it the same day we got off the cruise and with a accurate description telling them exactly were it was but they haven't found it. I called them many times the both apparently looked through the lost and found one of them told me he would send me a email about it immediately it's been weeks and I never got one and they other one said to email the customer support so I did and it said to wait up to 7 business days its been weeks and nothing so if you ever go on MSC tipple check you got everything.

While it is most unfortunate you have not been re-united with your property, I suggest this is not an issue limited to MSC, as it could have a similar outcome on many lines.

Assuming you completed a lost & found report on the MSC website, it could take a few days for the report to actually reach the ship. In the highly unlikely event it reached the ship the day you disembarked, this is a turn-around day and the staff do not have time to review and action incoming messages.

On board, once pax vacate the cabins, the cabin stewards frequently pin the doors open to expedite cleaning cabins for new pax. Therefore, any remaining pax and crew have access to many cabins. The cabin stewards, especially on TAR day, do not have the time to search every drawer, so unless your property was in sight, it is unlikely the cabin steward found it.

In reality, your message would have arrived long after new pax took over the cabin and the ship sailed.

Unfortunately, there is a good chance you will not see your items. Even though you told MSC where the items were left, by that time the cabin was already cleaned. If the steward recognized that the items weren't trash, they would have been turned in to guest services. At some point, the items will need to be shipped to a central location for lost and found, and then distributed.

I'm sure MSC has done their best to locate the items, but the first step was the cabin steward turning them in, versus not throwing them away.

We lost a pair of expensive, prescription sunglasses on a Princess cruise, about 3 months later got an official email saying they weren't found. Then made a successful claim on our travel insurance, just a slow process...

Sent from my SM-T285 using Forums mobile app

I did get insurance on the cruise later to find out it only cover some things :(