Costa Neoriviera India Visa Help

C@lm_Se@s

Just booked for the Christmas 2018 Cruise done a search re visas needed for India and nothing jumping out at me does anyone have any info re these visas looked online and they seem to be about £135 and upwards anyone with a British passport have anymore info Oh and is there only me on this cruise haha Neo riviera from Maldives

• 3 weeks later...
Just booked for the Christmas 2018 Cruise done a search re visas needed for India and nothing jumping out at me does anyone have any info re these visas looked online and they seem to be about £135 and upwards anyone with a British passport have anymore info Oh and is there only me on this cruise haha Neo riviera from Maldives
Hi, how many days prior to sailing do we have to make the final payment?

I was looking at this info yesterday. I think if you apply they will reveal the cost!

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

Lots of private companies wanting to tack on their fee and on the Indian government site they warn of fake sites charging you and no visa is given.

Trying to find prices beforehand was harder.

There are various different sites giving different prices but this may be correct - in dollars.

• Free: Citizens of Argentina, Cook Islands, Fiji, Jamaica, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue Island, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uruguay and Vanuatu.
  • $75 : Citizens of US, UK, Russia, Ukraine and Mozambique.
  • $50: Citizens of the majority of countries including Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.

• $25: Citizens of Japan, Singapore and Sri Lanka.

I was looking at this info yesterday. I think if you apply they will reveal the cost!

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

Lots of private companies wanting to tack on their fee and on the Indian government site they warn of fake sites charging you and no visa is given.

Trying to find prices beforehand was harder.

There are various different sites giving different prices but this may be correct - in dollars.

• Free: Citizens of Argentina, Cook Islands, Fiji, Jamaica, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue Island, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uruguay and Vanuatu.
  • $75 : Citizens of US, UK, Russia, Ukraine and Mozambique.
  • $50: Citizens of the majority of countries including Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.

• $25: Citizens of Japan, Singapore and Sri Lanka.

Thank you for the link.

Will need the e visa for March 2019 visiting New Mangalore.

• 1 month later...

It will depend on your type of trip, but you should carefully check if it's possible to stick to the e-visa. As the trip also stops in Sri Lanka and the Maldives you will re-enter the country and that means you will need to apply for a double or multiple entry visa. This is not possible with the e-visa, only with a normal visa.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 1:37 PM, Chris Holland said:

It will depend on your type of trip, but you should carefully check if it's possible to stick to the e-visa. As the trip also stops in Sri Lanka and the Maldives you will re-enter the country and that means you will need to apply for a double or multiple entry visa. This is not possible with the e-visa, only with a normal visa.

From the governmental website: " Instructions for e-Visa ... 8. The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India. Double entry is permitted on e-Tourist Visa and e-Business Visa. Triple entry will be permitted on e-Medical Visa." You may apply for 3 visa in one year. Besides 26 airports you can arrive through the following ports only: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai and Chennai, but leaving through any checkpoint is permitted.

I hope that this information is practically usable at all. When cruising from Italy to India in 2017 the e-visa was just extended as quoted, but Costa told that we need a multi-entry from the Indian embassy (got one but single entry would have been sufficient according to the embassy as my journey ended with the first visit of India although visiting two ports). Obviously there were people with e-visa aboard as we had quite a lot of announcements for those travelling with e-visa. As far as I know Mumbai seaport had none of the needed e-Visa facilities at all those days.