Baltimore Hotels

Guiding Light

Hyatt Place BWI but the package has to be booked by a TA through a wholesaler unless they changed it. Call them and ask about it.

They are about 20 minutes from the pier and their shuttle will take you to some local restaurants. No shops in the area however if you need anything. BUT you could Uber/Lyft to Arundel Mills. It's a huge outlet mall BUT there's a Safeway and a liquor store adjacent to the giant shopping center.

Edited by megr1125

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Conductorcruzer said:

Have used Best Western before, and have it booked for the 31st. Airport shuttle, Cruise Shuttle to and from ship, parking for 2 weeks. Also, free hot breakfast. Great deal, good location, restaurant is on the property

There are a couple Best Westerns. Did you stay at the one in Elkridge?

I am looking for some information from others who have used a Park, Sleep, & Cruise package in the Baltimore area.

First some details.  We are doing a B3B on the Grandeur in March-April of 2019 (totaling 27 days).  We are driving up from FL and are planning on staying overnight before the cruise and leaving the car for the balance of the time.

We have an offers from the Best Western Plus on O'Donnell Street in Baltimore and also from the Hampton Inn in Glen Burnie.

Questions:

Has anyone stayed at either of these properties?

Do you recommend one over the other?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Roger

We stayed at BW O'Donnell Street earlier this year.  It is also a conference center, so the group(s) they are hosting could impact your stay.  There was a large contingent of Red Hat Ladies at ours - fun group, but the presence was felt and there were very long waits for elevators (we didn't easily find the stairs).

The shuttle service was excellent - clean, comfortable vehicles with pleasant drivers.  We felt very safe on the roads and it was an easy drop off and pick-up.  The hotel staff was also courteous and the lobby area was nice.

The room was adequate, but I think there was no hair dryer and some things were missed in cleaning (found a bottle in the corner by the window).  They have a small restaurant and bar on site that had an ok menu but pretty mediocre food - I'd probably see about ordering takeout, driving somewhere (nothing walking distance), or taking the shuttle for dinner if we stay again.  Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast - not bad, but not great either.

I suspect Glen Burnie probably offers more to do in the area, but O'Donnell Street is very close to the port.

10 hours ago, roger1955 said:

I am looking for some information from others who have used a Park, Sleep, & Cruise package in the Baltimore area.

First some details.  We are doing a B3B on the Grandeur in March-April of 2019 (totaling 27 days).  We are driving up from FL and are planning on staying overnight before the cruise and leaving the car for the balance of the time.

We have an offers from the Best Western Plus on O'Donnell Street in Baltimore and also from the Hampton Inn in Glen Burnie.

Questions:

Has anyone stayed at either of these properties?

Do you recommend one over the other?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Roger

I hope you get good advice here — I am just curious about the idea of driving from Florida (where there are many more -and  nearby - embarkation opportunities) to Baltimore —- to board a cruise where your first and last days will be in questionable conditions.  

I am looking forward to our February Grandeur sailing — but I am coming from Connecticut, and Baltimore makes sense as the only nearby port which offers alternatives to NCL and the Royal Caribbean mega-ship which dominate the NY market.

2 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I hope you get good advice here — I am just curious about the idea of driving from Florida (where there are many more -and  nearby - embarkation opportunities) to Baltimore —- to board a cruise where your first and last days will be in questionable conditions.  

I am looking forward to our February Grandeur sailing — but I am coming from Connecticut, and Baltimore makes sense as the only nearby port which offers alternatives to NCL and the Royal Caribbean mega-ship which dominate the NY market.

I was wondering about driving from Florida to board a ship in Baltimore too.  As you said, in addition to the weather issues, there are so many more choices of ships in Florida.  Perhaps it's because they are doing a B2B2B?  Maybe something special about that they could not do out of Florida?  I hope so! 

One thing to confirm is to make sure they are OK with your leaving your car for 27 days from a one night stay.

I know when I have done stay and park at airport hotels, they give you X days per night stayed at the hotel.  After that, they charge.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:54 AM, Turtles06 said:

I was wondering about driving from Florida to board a ship in Baltimore too.  As you said, in addition to the weather issues, there are so many more choices of ships in Florida.  Perhaps it's because they are doing a B2B2B?  Maybe something special about that they could not do out of Florida?  I hope so! 

Perhaps a bit of additional information can clear up the curiosity about driving from Florida to board a ship in Baltimore.

You see we are actually heading from Florida to New York. and we have decided to break up the drive by taking a cruise.  Originally we were just doing the 12 night cruise, but with such good pricing on the 6 and 9 night cruises in front of it, we decided to stay on for a total of 27 days.  Yes, that mean we leave Florida on March 20 and arrive in NY on April 18.  Not exactly the fastest trip, but certainly it should be an enjoyable one!

Thanks for the information.  We appreciate the responses.

On 10/24/2018 at 10:22 AM, SRF said:

One thing to confirm is to make sure they are OK with your leaving your car for 27 days from a one night stay.

I know when I have done stay and park at airport hotels, they give you X days per night stayed at the hotel.  After that, they charge.

Both properties indicated that as long as they had advance information, they could work with the extended time.  One of them did ask for additional cost for the extra nights, while the other did not.

1 minute ago, roger1955 said:

Perhaps a bit of additional information can clear up the curiosity about driving from Florida to board a ship in Baltimore.

You see we are actually heading from Florida to New York. and we have decided to break up the drive by taking a cruise.  Originally we were just doing the 12 night cruise, but with such good pricing on the 6 and 9 night cruises in front of it, we decided to stay on for a total of 27 days.  Yes, that mean we leave Florida on March 20 and arrive in NY on April 18.  Not exactly the fastest trip, but certainly it should be an enjoyable one!

That was very kind of you to explain that for the curious among us.  :classic_biggrin:

What a clever way to break up that long drive!   I hope you have a very wonderful trip!

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

That was very kind of you to explain that for the curious among us.  :classic_biggrin:

What a clever way to break up that long drive!   I hope you have a very wonderful trip!

Thank you. We are looking forward to it.

23 hours ago, roger1955 said:

Aaah! That makes sense - and late April is a pretty good time to visit (or get back to) the New York area.   After our February escape on Grandeur, we fly down to the Gulf Coast of Florida in mid-March,  coming back in mid-April. Hoping that red tide will have dissipated by then - otherwise a plan B will be needed. 

We are staying at the La Quinta Inn in Glen Burnie, anyone ever stay here before?  Flying in and won't have a car.  Looked like it had pretty good reviews.  Hoping a decent restaurant is within walking distance as well as a place to buy bottles of wine. 

Not much right by that hotel.

A fairly long walk, along a major road, there are lots of choices.

Plenty of liquor stores in GB. 😄

You will need a taxi or Uber/Lyft to get around.  Or rent a car for a short period.

On 11/1/2018 at 3:59 AM, SRF said:

Not much right by that hotel.

A fairly long walk, along a major road, there are lots of choices.

Plenty of liquor stores in GB. 😄

You will need a taxi or Uber/Lyft to get around.  Or rent a car for a short period.

Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...