First tme to Dominica

hartskys

We will be visiting Dominica in a little over a week. It is our first time to visit and would like to see the island. It seems most of the tours are not operating and we also thought about going to Screw Spa just because it seemed unique but it also has closed since the hurricane. Has anyone been here recently and if so any suggestions? Is there tour operators at the pier?

We will be visiting Dominica in a little over a week. It is our first time to visit and would like to see the island. It seems most of the tours are not operating and we also thought about going to Screw Spa just because it seemed unique but it also has closed since the hurricane. Has anyone been here recently and if so any suggestions? Is there tour operators at the pier?

Hopefully you find some answers. I know the Carnival Fascination sailing on the 7th of July is the first major cruise coming into port there. I hope you will report back to let us know what your findings are there. I am on a Celebrity sailing porting there in November 2018. We ported there a few years ago, did Champagne reef, Trafalgar falls and Titou Gorge and had a great day. It is such a natural non disturbed beautiful island. Hopefully you will enjoy your time there.

I have read on the forums that Trafalager Falls is open, as well as some trails.

Here is the link to the thread I found on Tripadvisor.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147281-i801-k11665531-Recommendation_for_Dominica-Dominica.html

I sure will post a reply when we return.

Does anyone know if they have tours at the pier you can book?

Would like to take a tour of the national park with the waterfalls and boiling lake.

You probably will not be able to visit the boiling lake on a port visit. It's quite a ways out.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree about boiling lake. Not enough time. Has anyone booked a tour at the pier or can you take a taxi to the National park and get a guide there to hike to the falls?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I visited a year and a half ago and I booked ahead of time with Bumpiing Tours. (That's how they spell it.) We had our guide take us on a long hike to Middleham Falls, also to Titou Gorge, and then a stop at another waterfall. It was our favorite day of the entire cruise, and our guide was very friendly and personable. When we were there, it didn't appear to be particularly easy to book something at the pier. The island is blissfully simple and uncommercial, so you're not going to see a line of taxi's like at more developed islands.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk