Pirate's Cove/Boatyard - can we walk in? or reservations necessary?

MA cruisers

We will be visiting Barbados for the first time in October and are looking at Pirate's Cove or Boatyard. Both seem to offer similar things. Are reservations necessary or can we just grab a van (group of 12) and walk in? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

No reservations required (and maybe not even possible :confused:). Taxi will cost you about $5 per person, or you can walk there from the port in about 20+ minutes. Compare both with other Carlisle Bay beach clubs (Harbor Lights, Lobster Alive, etc.) to be sure you are getting the amenities important to you.

Have a great cruise! :cool:

No reservations necessary. Like John said do your research on both of them to make sure you are comfortable with what they offer.

I am sure you will enjoy whichever one you choose.(y)

Thank you. I am having a real hard time choosing between the two. I am the "planner" for 12 cruisers and having trouble deciding which one we should go to. We love Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and Reggae Beach Bar in St. Kitts. Looking for the same type of place. The buffet at Pirate's Cove does not interest us. We need some good bar food, a good bar with beer and drinks and loungers and umbrella's. If there are water sports available, that a plus for some people but others could care less. HELP

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster and has photo intensive reviews of both linked in her signature - check the reviews out and see if that helps.

From your list I would lean toward the Boatyard, but it is your call! ;)

We are also headed to Barbados this Nov., the following are the prices we found recently from our research, like to hear from those who've been to both,,,

Pirates Cove=$8.pp chair/shared unbrella

$15. pp chair/shared umbrella/1 drink pp/shuttle 'to and from'

The Boatyard=$20.pp chair/umbrella/1 drink pp/free transport back to ship only

both offer free showers, changing rooms, free wifi

Pirate's Cove so far looks $10. less per couple and the offer transportation both ways!

Thank you. I am having a real hard time choosing between the two. I am the "planner" for 12 cruisers and having trouble deciding which one we should go to. We love Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and Reggae Beach Bar in St. Kitts. Looking for the same type of place. The buffet at Pirate's Cove does not interest us. We need some good bar food, a good bar with beer and drinks and loungers and umbrella's. If there are water sports available, that a plus for some people but others could care less. HELP

I'd guess you'd be happier at the Boatyard mainly because of the watersports.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be visiting Barbados for the first time in October and are looking at Pirate's Cove or Boatyard. Both seem to offer similar things. Are reservations necessary or can we just grab a van (group of 12) and walk in? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi Chris,

what ship and date will you be sailing. We are on the Oct 27th sailing of the Summit. We have been to Pirate's Cove. That is where I am planning to go again. I found that it is more than a 20 minute walk, we walked for quite a while and ended up hailing a cab. Of course we are old and my DH was recovering from a broken ankle.

Pirate's Cove has chairs and umbrellas to rent. They had live music when we were there last time. There is a turtle tour that you can take. It leaves at 10am if I remember correctly. I do not know the cost. There is a small playground for younger children. There is a bar that seemed to be doing a lively business. The food looked good. We did not have any. There was a covered area with tables and chairs also. The beach was really nice.

We are your neighbors; we are in Springfield.

Hi Chris,

what ship and date will you be sailing. We are on the Oct 27th sailing of the Summit. We have been to Pirate's Cove. That is where I am planning to go again. I found that it is more than a 20 minute walk, we walked for quite a while and ended up hailing a cab. Of course we are old and my DH was recovering from a broken ankle.

Pirate's Cove has chairs and umbrellas to rent. They had live music when we were there last time. There is a turtle tour that you can take. It leaves at 10am if I remember correctly. I do not know the cost. There is a small playground for younger children. There is a bar that seemed to be doing a lively business. The food looked good. We did not have any. There was a covered area with tables and chairs also. The beach was really nice.

We are your neighbors; we are in Springfield.

Thanks for the info. I think we have settled on that. We are going with a package $15 per person with a tour company included transportation to and from and two chairs and an umbrella. We're on Freedom of the Seas in early October. It's our 3rd time on this ship. We don't need to worry about any kids either - we're a group of lively 55 to 65 year olds. When we started cruising we were a lively group of 45 to55 year olds!! LOL Have a great trip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

where do you see a $15pp package, because all I see is either $8pp or $25pp packages?

There is no entrance fee or cover charge

Beach chair rental with a shared umbrella is

US$8 per person

Book Round Trip Transport, beach lounger shared umbrella and welcome drink US$25 BBD$50 per person

where do you see a $15pp package, because all I see is either $8pp or $25pp packages?

US$8 per person

Book Round Trip Transport, beach lounger shared umbrella and welcome drink US$25 BBD$50 per person

Interesting. They seem to have removed the $15 option. In addition, they have raised their "complete package" price to $60. These are my notes, dates April 28, 2018. At the time, I was perplexed that 3&4 together were $35, and they were changing $50.

https://www.piratescovebarbados.com/

https://www.tranquilitycruises.com/

1- $50 for beach, snorkel, and transfer

2- $30 for beach plus turtles and shipwreck (90 min)

3- $20 for just snorkel trip

4- $15 for transfer + beach

US$8 per person

It is thru Glory Tours http://www.piratescovebarbados.com

Yeah, so it *use* to be $15. Clicking on the link now shows:

Transport is only available from the Cruise Ship Port

Yes I think so because that is what we paid when we booked it last month. Glad we booked when we did. I looked at it this morning and it was showing $25 per person

We were going to Pirate's Cove, but,,,,

Our ship doesn't arrive until 9am, first shuttle is 8:30 am!

I emailed about whether we could take first shuttle, they said no, we'd have to take 2nd one at 10:30 am!

We're the only ship in port, but still they say no!

So we'll be at the Boatyard for 1 1/2 hours (9-10:30) while others can wait for the shuttle to Pirate's Cove!-))

Also, Pirate's Cove raised their price from $15. to $25 which is higher then the Boatyard's $20.!

We were at Boatyard last week. Admission was $20 per person. It included the shuttle back to the port (we always walk there - it is about one mile), two chairs, an umbrella, two drinks - beer or rum punch, use of all their water trampolines and slides and a decent snorkeling trip to see the turtles and snorkel above a shipwreck. The snorkel trip takes about 45 minutes to an hour and is close to shore - they feed the fish so there are lots of them. We did see a couple of turtles. We have gone to both Pirate's Cove and Boatyard. We are both over 65 and prefer Boatyard.

We were at Boatyard last week. Admission was $20 per person. It included the shuttle back to the port (we always walk there - it is about one mile), two chairs, an umbrella, two drinks - beer or rum punch, use of all their water trampolines and slides and a decent snorkeling trip to see the turtles and snorkel above a shipwreck. The snorkel trip takes about 45 minutes to an hour and is close to shore - they feed the fish so there are lots of them. We did see a couple of turtles. We have gone to both Pirate's Cove and Boatyard. We are both over 65 and prefer Boatyard.

What do you prefer about Boatyard over Pirates Cove?