What dive shop does Celebrity use?

kands6191

We will be in St. Lucia on 2/15/19 sailing on Celebrity Silhouette. My husband would like to scuba dive there and is looking at the excursion offered by Celebrity. They don't give much information except that it is on the west coast and it is 4.5 hours long.

Ideally, I would like to go to a beach with chairs, drinks, restrooms, and food while he is diving on a two-tank dive. Then he would come to the beach and shore snorkel with me when he is done diving.

I have read that Vigie Beach is close to the port and good for beach time but not good for snorkeling.

Jalousie Beach looks like it has great shore snorkeling and great accommodations but it is far to travel to. I see that I could take a Spencer Ambrose Beach Break tour as a means to get there and back. The Sugar Beach resort dive shop does accept the public but it could only be a one-tank dive at 11:30 AM. For my husband, the cost of the Ambrose tour plus the cost of the dive makes this an expensive option.

If we knew who Celebrity uses we might be able to coordinate him to meet up with me somewhere. If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.

If anyone can think of any other way we can work out our day please let me know. I only shore snorkel. My husband is willing to use any good dive shop if it will work out better. Thanks for your help.

Celebrity usually uses Dive St Lucia.

One possible option for you guys may be Island Divers at Ti Kaye Resort. He can dive and you can beach and snorkel, etc. Dive sites are right nearby, then he could join you afterwards. Restaurant, bar, chairs, etc available at Anse Cochon, aka Ti Kaye. They'll provide water taxi transfer also. Worth checking into.

Otherwise, for you, I'd head to Vigie and chillax while he dives then he can meet up with you afterward. You won't have snorkeking, but everything else is there .

Pigeon Island is essentially the only real snorkeking in the north - and it's 35+ minutes north of the port, $35use cab ride one way.. not a great option, especially for him to come meet you afterwards..

Good luck.