Tax refund mexico

cruisefreaks

I purchased jewelry on Sept 4th.........after asking about my refund, I received the following from "info@moneyback dot mx"

Good afternoon,

I apologize for the delay of my response,

I understand you were told that the refund will go thru within 45 business days, but as of now this process is taking longer. The Mexican government has been making several changes to the program which is causing this longer delay. Since we depend from him, and since we’re established in Mexico; we have to wait till he deposits.

However, your transaction is already in process of payments, so that you could receive your refund right after we receive the funds. Although, it may take about five more weeks, but I’ll be on it and I will make sure you receive it as promised.

Thank you

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I ever see that refund. :(

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I purchased items from Effy in Cozumel while cruising on the Vision OTS back in Dec. 2017. I stopped at the MoneyBackMx kiosk right before boarding the ship & the gal took all my info, copied all my paperwork & passport, credit card info, gave me a receipt & off I went....(we had done this once before a few years prior & I got my refund within 8 weeks as promised)...but NOT THIS TIME! It is now Mar. 20, 2018 & I am still waiting. I have emailed them numerous times, no response....... ever.

I believe this to be a rip off / a scam. I have read online the many, many bad reviews about other people not getting their refund as well........... so, buyer beware... don't believe them when they tell you you will get a tax refund if you buy items from these stores.

:mad:

• 1 month later...

So, while in Cozumel yesterday, I went to the MoneyBackMx kiosk inside DI. The gal there was able to pull up my account & told me “it’s in process.”..... She said it’s taking some time now to process the refunds & I should get my refund in four months..... I told her it’s a week shy of FIVE months now! She just said, all I can see is that it is in process. So basically no help. At least she was able to see my request. She said I could “call” the number on my paperwork if I wanted to know more..... [emoji15] oh well. Maybe I’ll get my refund eventually. I won’t be buying anymore jewelry in MX tho. Live & learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
So, while in Cozumel yesterday, I went to the MoneyBackMx kiosk inside DI. The gal there was able to pull up my account & told me “it’s in process.”..... She said it’s taking some time now to process the refunds & I should get my refund in four months..... I told her it’s a week shy of FIVE months now! She just said, all I can see is that it is in process. So basically no help. At least she was able to see my request. She said I could “call” the number on my paperwork if I wanted to know more..... [emoji15] oh well. Maybe I’ll get my refund eventually. I won’t be buying anymore jewelry in MX tho. Live & learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you had the jewelry looked at to see if it's at all authentic. There is an awful lot of fake crap in Mexico.

Well maybe there i still hope -

Waiting on refund from purchase made in first week of Dec 2017 - in March I was told 45-60 more days -

Then nothing since - no response to emails -

Tempted to bring copies on return trip to Coz later this year -

I bought items in January of 2017, I had forgotten all about refund and had long given up hope of seeing the money. Suddenly in January of 2018 I received an e-mail thanking me for my patience and was informed that a refund was approved and on the way. I believe the money hit my credit Card March of 2018

• 9 months later...
On 7/18/2018 at 10:07 PM, seabum said:

Well maybe there i still hope -

Waiting on refund from purchase made in first week of Dec 2017 - in March I was told 45-60 more days -

Then nothing since - no response to emails -

Tempted to bring copies on return trip to Coz later this year -

Hey @seabum sorry for the wrong thread but not sure how else to reach out...did you ever do the Punta Molas Lighthouse drive in cozumel?