Geriatric Cruise?? Carnival Miracle to Hawaii

cruizergal70

Actually my husband and myself both early 50 were booked on a Bermuda cruise in the fall a couple of years ago and experienced this. No many kids really just older demographic. We met a lot of nice and friendly people on this particular cruise and can say I would enjoy it once again. There were a lot more scooters and wheelchairs in use however so you have to be careful of those lol. But I will say we didn’t encounter any young rude people onboard that we have on other cruises. And yes I have children actually young adult ones but even when they have cruises with us have commented on some of the rude behavior of some of their peers. But I would gladly go to Hawaii on that type of cruise. Isn’t that what cruising is all about getting out meeting new people and places? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back from the cruise. It was great. Yes, the average age was over 60. I saw fewer than 20 children on board although there were probably more. One thing about cruising with an older crowd. They kicked our butts in Motown and 70s music trivia.

I recommend the 15 day Hawaii cruise to anyone looking to cruise with fewer children.

As someone "...on the upper end of 60" I would say you are a bit off base in your assumptions, at least as far as my on-board behavior is concerned. It's true longer cruises during school months do attract a more mature demographic, however often that demographic is likely more active and capable than some may think. It still annoys me tremendously that Segway excursions exclude people over 65 since I ride a mountain bicycle 15 miles a day without issue. ;)

So, there was an old bull and a young bull on top of a hill looking down at the herd of cows. The young bull....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just back from the Hawaii cruise on the Miracle. There were 30 kids on board. That's it. The employees of Camp Ocean (the kids club) said they had over 300 on the previous cruise. At any given time there were probably 5 Camp Ocean employees to between 4-10 kids at the kids club. This particular cruise is an excellent choice for anyone who prefers to cruise with fewer children on board. Although the average age seemed to be around 55-60 (a surprising number of 30 - 40 year olds this trip!) there were more injuries this trip than any other cruise I've been on. I think that we had ambulances at every single port. Our thoughts were with all of those taken off the ship and we hope that they were able to receive the best possible medical care at those ports.

The trivia games were lively, and more often than not were sing-a-longs as much as they were trivia games. On "younger" cruises, I've seen the trivia become pretty intense, so this was a fun change.

All in all, good times. I would recommend this cruise to anyone. Fun is where you make it.