Where is Diamond Club on the Explorer?

caymancouple

We sail on the Explorer in a couple of weeks, and I was looking at the website about the ship, and it had "pictures" of the Diamond club, but the pictures show it overlooking the Royal Promenade.... but the deck plan shows it up in the Viking Crown Lounge.... so which is it? Thanks

We sail on the Explorer in a couple of weeks, and I was looking at the website about the ship, and it had "pictures" of the Diamond club, but the pictures show it overlooking the Royal Promenade.... but the deck plan shows it up in the Viking Crown Lounge.... so which is it? Thanks

Viking Crown.

It has been a few years since we were on EX...and at that time did not have a DL. We did not like the closed in CL with no view, and was always crowded anyway. We enjoyed using the 3 drink vouchers at the circle bar in the VCL.

Bob, is the DL now where the old sports bar was? I think that was a "sort of" Suites Lounge when I was on board. Cute golf ball machine in there, but very annoying with that "bing..bong..bing..bong" noise all the time. :( Assuming they removed it?

It has been a few years since we were on EX...and at that time did not have a DL. We did not like the closed in CL with no view, and was always crowded anyway. We enjoyed using the 3 drink vouchers at the circle bar in the VCL.

Bob, is the DL now where the old sports bar was? I think that was a "sort of" Suites Lounge when I was on board. Cute golf ball machine in there, but very annoying with that "bing..bong..bing..bong" noise all the time. :( Assuming they removed it?

Yes, the old 19th Hole Sports Bar was turned into the DL.

I know when we used to cruise on the Explorer, they had the Diamond Lounge where the game room was. They used both those rooms for the Diamond lounge. The 19th Hole was for suite and Pinnacle at that time. That was years ago when it sailed from Bayonne. I miss the Explorer........:(

Gwen :D

I know when we used to cruise on the Explorer, they had the Diamond Lounge where the game room was. They used both those rooms for the Diamond lounge. The 19th Hole was for suite and Pinnacle at that time. That was years ago when it sailed from Bayonne. I miss the Explorer........:(

What you are missing is the hotel director who was on Explorer. Sail Majesty for that.:)

Me too. Really loved it when she did that seasonal nine night run out of PC. Was hoping that was going to be our third ship, but only lasted that one season, though the ship was sold out each cruise. Was not for lack of interest! :(

• 2 months later...
Yes, the old 19th Hole Sports Bar was turned into the DL.

Doing the Transpacific from Sydney to Seattle on Explorer in April... hoping they will again use the Star Lounge like they did last year for the more than 800 Diamond and above crowd.:cool:

Had any luck tracking down those phantom posts???:D

Doing the Transpacific from Sydney to Seattle on Explorer in April... hoping they will again use the Star Lounge like they did last year for the more than 800 Diamond and above crowd.:cool:

Had any luck tracking down those phantom posts???:D

Hey, good to hear from you. The tracking task actually slipped my mind, but I'll take it up tomorrow. Did you get my email I sent from the ship on the 15th?