Embarkation Question

HappyPig

Help! I am hopeful for a local's insight. We are driving from Miami to Port Canaveral for DCL Fantasy Cruise next Saturday. We have a flexible board time (Concierge) but don't want to be stressed. When would you leave from South Beach for Port Canaveral on a Saturday morning, during a major Art Fest? Google estimates 3.5 hours but wondering if that’s accurate. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree--4 hours is about what it took us, but I'd allow more. You never know what will happen. As you noted, you can board first, go to the concierge lounge where you can drop your luggage and decide whether to make lunch out of the heavy snacks there or go to the real "lunch." A member of the concierge team will review your reservations with you and book anything you need. Or you can choose to board at any time....but I'm one who likes to get the cruise started ASAP. Concierge boarding typically starts about 11:15 if the previous disembarkation went as planned.

I wish we could :-(. DH is there for the art show and it’s going to be pretty congested on South Beach Friday night! I have a parking spot reserved at the Port Canaveral parking, so that’s set. But it’s become more stressful than our original plan to bookend at WDW and take their transfers! I guess we’ll enjoy the cruise that much more. I am trying to get excited to go to Miami but I felt fat and old there when I was 20 years ago when I was 26!

Thanks for all your help, everybody! I think we will try and head out no later than 7-8 am, that should give us a buffer and beat I95 traffic out of Miami...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I would leave as early as possible. You never know about I 95. I am on the west coast and have to deal with I-4. We started coming over the day before just to avoid all of the Disney/Lake Buena Vista daily mess. Enjoy your cruise and safe travels!

I would leave as early as possible. You never know about I 95. I am on the west coast and have to deal with I-4. We started coming over the day before just to avoid all of the Disney/Lake Buena Vista daily mess. Enjoy your cruise and safe travels!

Considering that the OP was at the end of November, I would bet they're back already :cool: