New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

Just off the Dream. They scheduled the Meet and Greet the night that we left. Almost seeing it in the paper. Not a good time for us to go. Carnival, I think, wishes CC would just go away.

Oh wow, I was on the Dream in August and it was the first night. The last night kind of defeats the purpose of meeting people.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

Our last cruise in 2016, lots of people had signed up for the M&M party. Only 5 showed up. My group of 4 and a single individual. Carnival had provided enough food for about 30 people, and drinks were free at the bar. We spent an enjoyable hour talking with the hotel director and another cruise staff, but were very disappointed at the CC turnout.

If you sign up to attend, please make the effort to be there.

Our last cruise in 2016, lots of people had signed up for the M&M party. Only 5 showed up. My group of 4 and a single individual. Carnival had provided enough food for about 30 people, and drinks were free at the bar. We spent an enjoyable hour talking with the hotel director and another cruise staff, but were very disappointed at the CC turnout.

If you sign up to attend, please make the effort to be there.

We have had pretty much this same experience. CD and other Senior Staff showed up, and only 4 of us. They only provided soft drinks along with the snack food? Has this changed??:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the splendor we had around 40 sign up, Carnival did an exceptional job setting up the party it was on the first sea-day around noon very sad showing by the cruise critic members this is not Carnivals fault people signed up and didn't show. The people that did show we had a great time thanks to Carnival. They gave us all a free photo as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got off the splendor we had around 40 sign up, Carnival did an exceptional job setting up the party it was on the first sea-day around noon very sad showing by the cruise critic members this is not Carnivals fault people signed up and didn't show. The people that did show we had a great time thanks to Carnival. They gave us all a free photo as well.

Great to hear. We are sailing Splendor in early February. Does the ship have any of the new menus yet (deli, breakfast)?

Somewhere there seems to be a disconnect in the communication between the ship personnel and the Cruise Critic members. What a shame for those in CC who want to attend but the timing is off and for those who did attend and Carnival was no where to be found. We go on the 4-day in the summer and we sometimes create the M&G thread in the hope someone will respond. True these short time cruises are not the draw the longer ones are in my experience. Our NCL ones are always well attended and fun and I will continue to go to those. Perhaps should my DD and I ever take a longer cruise with Carnival this will be ironed out.

Aren’t they only 7 day or longer?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying for two weeks to sign up for the Meet and Mingle on the 1/13/18 Miracle Panama Cruise. The page lets me complete everything, but our sail date is not listed to select. I have sent three emails to the link shown for help, but no answer yet!! Can we just show up, or is it that important to sign up ahead of time??

Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button under the first ad? Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

There will now be Official Meet & Mingle Parties on board your 7-day or longer Carnival cruise!

Enjoy!

Laura

Hi Laura!

I am sailing on the Vista Dec 24th 2017. I did register for the meet n greet, but how do I find out where & when it is? TIA

I've been trying for two weeks to sign up for the Meet and Mingle on the 1/13/18 Miracle Panama Cruise. The page lets me complete everything, but our sail date is not listed to select. I have sent three emails to the link shown for help, but no answer yet!! Can we just show up, or is it that important to sign up ahead of time??

I’m having the same issue... maybe there’s not the minimum 25 people signed up? And there isn’t one for our cruise dates?

Question I just went thru and signed our entire group up for the M&M by each stateroom for our cruise . Will Everyone get an invitation in their staterooms? I am the only one that is a CC member and I am the leader of our group cruise. We have 9 rooms total.

• 2 weeks later...

On our Dream cruise on January 7, we signed up for the Meet & Mingle. We got invitations sent to our cabin. It was also listed on the paper copy of the Fun Times but not on the Hub Fun Times. I coerced about 11 or 12 members of my group into attending. There was one other couple there. The meeting was in a hard-to-find reception room. There were pastries, cookies, tea and punch on a side table. We were in a big empty room, so we pulled up chairs into a circle. A waiter said that the cruise director and a ship's officer would be attending. Neither showed up. We waited around for about 30 or 40 minutes. I was embarrassed that I got people to attend.