NCL Jade - coffee makers

tlreze

Do the balconies still have coffee makers since the Jade has been refurbished?

Yes, coffee makers are still in the cabin. I have to make my first cup of the morning while in the cabin or my day is just out of whack!

Safe sailing.............

We were on a Balcony for the TA soon after the refurb. There are coffee makers in the cabins but they are tucked away on a shelf in the closet area. The Balcony cabins have very little desk/counter space to set up the maker. We never used it because of the hassle of setting it up and then putting it away. We has coffee brought to the cabin each morning with room service, although it was rarely hot.

• 2 months later...

Hi Thread - I am on 11 day Panama Canal leaving 7 Dec 17. Can I ask you to let me know your review? My DH is very worried about sea sickness (after a bad experience 40 yrs ago) and I'm trying to get him to relax and enjoy. So anything you can tell me pro and con (I'll only share the pro) but it will give me a heads up. Thanks.:confused:

We had a balcony mini suite and yes! It did have a coffeemaker in it.

We never experienced sea sickness... in fact I needed to check to make sure we were still moving, most of the time!

A friend of mine told me to start taking Dramamine 3 days before our cruise started, plus I bought these wrist bands that also stop the vertigo feeling of sea sickness.

However we never needed anything.

Happy Smooth Sailing!

Ken and MaryAnn

We just got off The Jade last week. We were on deck 8 with a balcony and had a 4 cup coffee maker. My sister was on deck 10 in a balcony and had a single cup pod coffee maker (not a keurig). Yes, the coffee maker was hidden on the top shelf next to the hall door. There was an ice bucket with a tray on a lower shelf next to the vanity/mirror. We didn't need the ice bucket and just switched the coffee maker to the lower shelf where there was also a plug to plug in the coffee maker. Very convenient! The coffee from that was the hottest I had on the whole cruise!

It would've been nice to have a chair in the cabin and not just the little stool that was useless! There was room enough for it. Have a great time!

We had a balcony cabin on the Jade on her first cruise out of Southampton after the refurb. It had a coffee maker. There isn't much better when you are cruising than taking a cup of coffee out onto a balcony early morning and watch the world pass by.

We had a balcony cabin on the Jade on her first cruise out of Southampton after the refurb. It had a coffee maker. There isn't much better when you are cruising than taking a cup of coffee out onto a balcony early morning and watch the world pass by.

X2! Coffee on a cruise ship balcony in the morning as the ocean rolls by is the best. On our cruise on the Epic I had one of those one cup coffee makers so I asked our cabin steward to supply me with plenty of those pods. I drink a lot of coffee in the morning, too much I'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Thread - I am on 11 day Panama Canal leaving 7 Dec 17. Can I ask you to let me know your review? My DH is very worried about sea sickness (after a bad experience 40 yrs ago)

and I'm trying to get him to relax and enjoy. So anything you can tell me pro and con (I'll only share the pro) but it will give me a heads up. Thanks.:confused:

We have sailed on NCL a number of times. I don't think you actually feel much motion unless there are heavy seas. We sailed on the Pearl which is similar to the Jade and had no problems. My husband had to be dragged kicking until he was on board for his first NCL cruise, only took a few hours until he was ready to book another one. Good sailing,

We loved the sister ship. You barely feel the motion. NCLdoes an outstanding job of making guests feel special. We have balcony cabins in the past, our cruise in late January is in a mini balcony suite. Love leaving balcony doors open to listen to ocean.

• 3 weeks later...