Contact person/travel insurance/Jade

DrTee

Greetings, all.

I’m currently on Jade, and I’ve been very ill. Before I disembark, I want to speak with someone about my NCL insipurance, to make sure I have all I need for filing a claim.

Does anyone know the best person for me to see (by name or position)?

By the way, the medical staff have been wonderful.

I was sick on a ship last year and only needed the receipt with the doctor's name, details of charges, diagnosis, etc. The ship's staff at the medical center provided everything I needed to file. My secondary insurance and the travel insurance paid everything. It isn't an easy procedure.

Assumed that you are referring to NCL's BookSafe Travel Insurance coverage, they have a 24/7/365 Worldwide Emergency Hotline - On Call International, call toll-free or collect (might be difficult onboard the ship) - (cut & paste from PDF as follow) ... Have a callback number available for them to call you back, in case you need to make a satellite or maritime telephone call from the ship, i.e. stateroom calls are $4.99 a minute ... so that you can keep charges to a minimum, etc. (not waived by NCL.)

CareFreeTM Travel Assistance, MedicalAssistance and Emergency Services can beaccessed by calling On Call International at1-(800) 618-0692 or, from outside the U.S. orCanada, call collect*: 1-(603) 328-1711.

For general claims & assistance:

Online: www.travelclaim.comPhone: 1-(800) 722-5672 or 1-(516) 342-2720Mail: Aon Affinity, 300 Jericho Quadrangle,P.O. Box 9022, Jericho, NY 11753Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 10.00 PM ET, Monday - Friday; 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET, Saturday

The full document in PDF - you should also be able to access this via ncl.com online from the ship at no charge as the website/URL is free from a computer, smartphone or tablet, iPad, etc.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/BookSafe-Travel-Protection-Plan_112514.pdf

Best wishes for a prompt recovery. Regards.

P.S. You might wish to alert your credit card company as charges are posted to your account until claims can be filed & reimbursed by the insurance carrier ... those at the Emergency Hotline might be able to help you to notify them as well.

On the back of your CC should be a 24/7 customer service/help # to call - collect call from abroad if necessary.

The general Visa # for global assistance anywhere in the Americas is 1-800-847-2911, including US, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas & the Caribbeans.

I’d still like suggestions about who to talk to on the ship.

Also, now I wonder how to notify my cc company of this whopping charge so they won’t block it!

People have already told you what you need. What else specifically do you need to know from someone on the ship?

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Edited by ColinIllinois

Thank you!

We’re talking about around $10K, so I expect a fight.

Why are you expecting a fight?

If these are valid medical expenses... then that is precisely what the insurance is for (or any travel insurance we've ever had, but we always get third party coverage).

If anything, I would think it would be easier, with NCL's own medical staff... so easy for NCL to make sure it's valid, just in case there were to be any questions.

GC

When i was on the breakaway last month, my travel partner got sick and needed 2 visits to the medical center. here is how i handled my situation:

the medical center can provide you copy's of all of the forms you signed when you first came to the medical center. One of these forms, is a copy of a detail breakdown itemized list of all of the things they are charging you for and a receipt of when those amounts were posted to your on board account. You can then go to guest services and ask for a report for your account. on this report will be the charges for the medical center

I had a free internet plan and unlimited phone calls as a perk, so contacting my credit card company and travel insurance was a bit easy. I was not that too worry about the credit credit because i have a high credit limit. I called the travel insurance on the phone, they gave me a claim number. My travel insurance also has a website where you can also file a claim online.

No matter what you do, you will have to pay out of pocket for everything. Yes it is expensive but do not worry. A few days after I returned home, my travel insurance company sent me more forms to fill out and a list of all of the documents they wanted. I faxed them the completed form, copy of the medical center bills and medical report. Once the insurance received all of that, they approved my claim and I got the reimbursement check in about a week

When i was on the breakaway last month, my travel partner got sick and needed 2 visits to the medical center. ...

No matter what you do, you will have to pay out of pocket for everything. Yes it is expensive but do not worry. ...

Yep. Travel insurance will pay - later.

Always amazed that people will pay lots for insurance, but skip what I consider really cheap insurance to cover things. Credit cards.

We carry at least 4 different credit cards. Two with her, two with me. They are good for last minute hotel rooms, rental cars, airline tickets, medical expenses, food, shelter, etc.

Cost : ZERO!