Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Looking at the Carnival Glory 1A on main forward. Cabins 2202, 2208 and 2212. They all have a different shape/size maybe? I was not sure which best to go with? Or if there is a better 1A. Going solo and trying to keep it cheep!!

Thanks!!!

Can you be subject to a strange smell, the lower your cabin is? Our last night on the Carnival Fascination seemed to have a strange strong pungent odor. We realized this when we came back from our excursion day. Had to keep the bathroom door closed to keep it out of the room. But wonder could this have been a result of being on U...? Aft I believe.

We have been offered cabin a603 on britannia has anybody stayed in this cabin and what does sheltered balcony mean . It is below Horixzons restaurant

Sometimes it is better to post such questions on the specific cruise line forum, especially after reviewing deck plans.

Good luck, DJ:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic thread, I have not had too many issues. Hopefully I havn't been the issue! One time we were under the kids club on the Oasis but by the time we were in bed the club had already been closed for hours.

Is there a complete list of all the rooms per ship to avoid?

• 3 weeks later...

I have tentatively booked a D2 cabin on Serenade of The Seas. I want the configuration with two twins. Does anyone know how much space is between the beds when that is done? Do they put the night table between or are the night tables fixed permanently against the wall.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Recently sailed on the Carnival Magic in an aft balcony...cabin #6472. We had always wanted an aft and during a big group booking, grabbed the chance to get this room. The view was great...we were just above the walking area on the lower deck and had cabins above us. We did notice some vibration when the thrusters were used when the ship was "backing up" or going sideways. The big bother was the horrible noise from either the nightclub or comedy club directly underneath our cabin. It was my one big concern while booking the room and my concerns were confirmed, big time. The noise went on well into the evening and sometimes we swore that we even heard it during the morning hours. Lesson learned! Just thought I would put this out there to give others fair warning!

Deb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am new to cruising so went to a travel operator who advised a trip next April on the Celebrity Equinox. She advised that that room 9266 on level 9 was a great room. (We had chosen another but this was offered as an upgrade). We have since been told NOT to book a room near the funnel area as you hear the engines and feel a vibration. This would make me feel sick. Does anybody know this room or even the ship? Can anyone give me advice please? Thank you. Joy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
How about a thread telling cruisers where not to stay. I was just on the Carnival Triumph, room 8410, below the back of the lido - pool deck. I didn't think it would be too bad, as usually the rear pool bar closes early at night. My room was near the 24 hour pizzeria. DON'T STAY IN THIS AREA. Due to the wooden deck, you will hear chairs and tables being moved between 11 pm and 5 am while you are attempting to sleep. It's constant. It seemed at 4:45 AM the staff was cleaning this area. One night they had a private party at the rear pool area, a dj started at 11 pm and it went until 3 am. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM you get the picture. On the other hand, being just one deck below the pools and buffet was nice. Just take a sleeping pill like I did every night.

Where are other places to avoid?

I had this happen on my last cruise stayed right under this area and the throwing around of the deck chairs woke me up out of a sound sleep every night at 4 am. Won’t stay in that area again! I thought I was getting a good deal with the upgrade fairy moved me from an ocean view to a balcony room. Lol now I know why! No one wants these rooms!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Asking about a specific cabin on a specific ship is pretty iffy as all that take multiple cruises may remember something about the ship, certainly a lot good and bad about specific ports, but not their cabin numbers! There are basic engineering facts that we should all agree: (1) the problems in older ships are still alive and well in the new ones; cabins are basically metal cubes in which sound travels really well. (2) look above and below each cabin in question. Worry, worry, worry about activities in public spaces either above or below you. Several years ago we took a local holiday cruise on a very new (2 months) cruise ship. First it was a central front balcony (one of six). The balconies were giant and quite fun (even though no privacy, we could share our problems with our neighbors and plan our "revenge." Well, below us was a comedy showroom in which speakers were attached to their ceiling (our floor). We learned about passenger service and how well they lie. Every time I look at my Citizen watch I remember that cruise and the lessons I learned. Please learn them as well. Every time I see that a ship comes out of dry dock with more cabins, I remember how easy it is to lower these boxes onto public space. All you can do is select a cabin with the same above and below and then hope for the best. DJ

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious if anyone has any information about the Ruby Princess Caribe deck Balcony 231? It's a forward cabin. Anything would be appreciated! Thanks!

I have fond memories of this ship -- you should look at when/if she has been in drydock. Also look at the map of sailing to determine which side of the ship you want. Specifically, all things being even, we love Caribe balconies (and like to be easy walking distance from stairs/elevators and laundry rooms). Hope this helps,

DL:)

I have fond memories of this ship -- you should look at when/if she has been in drydock. Also look at the map of sailing to determine which side of the ship you want. Specifically, all things being even, we love Caribe balconies (and like to be easy walking distance from stairs/elevators and laundry rooms). Hope this helps,

DL:)

Thanks! I Appreciate the info!