Itinerary Changes on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

chamima

We are sailing on the Fantasy New Years cruise and are currently scheduled to go to Tortola, St. Thomas and the private island.

I keep reading that Tortola is not ready to receive cruise ship passengers.

I contacted Disney yesterday and was told they had only finalized itineraries up to Dec. 16.

I know we'll have a good time wherever we go but would kind of like to know where that will be.

Anyone with a crystal ball out there know when we'll get our final itinerary?

i guess you'll have to sit on pins and needles for a while longer...

i see that the three cruises before yours are all going west...

yours is the first that shows an eastern route...but who knows....if tortola is still closed at that time, it will be out of disney's hands....

i'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you that you'll get the cruise you booked..

but even if it goes west instead of east, i'm sure you'll have a magically wonderful time!!

i guess you'll have to sit on pins and needles for a while longer...

i see that the three cruises before yours are all going west...

yours is the first that shows an eastern route...but who knows....if tortola is still closed at that time, it will be out of disney's hands....

i'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you that you'll get the cruise you booked..

but even if it goes west instead of east, i'm sure you'll have a magically wonderful time!!

Thanks.

I don't really care if it goes west but I'd like to book shore excursions if we're doing that.

We have something booked for St. Thomas and if we're NOT going there I also need to cancel that.

Wish they would just make a final decision.

Thanks.

I don't really care if it goes west but I'd like to book shore excursions if we're doing that.

We have something booked for St. Thomas and if we're NOT going there I also need to cancel that.

Wish they would just make a final decision.

i guess they're really hoping to be able to make it east for this big cruise (new years)..

like starting out the new year right.....going back to the east after that devastating hurricane season...

so i'm sure they're also crossing their fingers and toes....otherwise they would already have made the decision to go west..

i guess they're really hoping to be able to make it east for this big cruise (new years)..

like starting out the new year right.....going back to the east after that devastating hurricane season...

so i'm sure they're also crossing their fingers and toes....otherwise they would already have made the decision to go west..

They don't have to scrap the whole eastern itinerary. Someone on another site posted that she was "told" that Tortola was being replaced by St. Maarten.(

Which is weird since we are on a cruise on another line in February that has cancelled St. Maarten, so I don't trust that info as being accurate)

Edited by chamima

Unless you booked your excursion privately, you don't have to cancel anything. If DCL changes the route, anything booked thru them is automatically canceled for the canceled ports. Most private tour companies have a policy that if your ship can't/doesn't get in, there is no charge, but do check with your company.

When DCL comes up with a final route, they will also announce the available excursions thru the cruise line, and yes, you'll need to book something either thru them or privately. A guess--after months without tourist income, private companies will be waiting for you with open arms and will book as many guests as they can handle.

Bottom line--they will let you know as soon as they have confirmation from the port authorities at the various islands. And you'll have a great cruise no matter where you go.

We booked a private excursion on a sailboat for St. Thomas.

(Been cruising for a lot of years and don't do ship's excursions any more.)

Yes, she said would refund if we don't dock but, as you said, they are trying to get up and running again and I feel morally obligated to let her know as soon as possible.

I'm not worried about having a great cruise- I'm sure we will.

I would just like to know where we'll be (might be the OCD or over-planner in me) :o

We booked a private excursion on a sailboat for St. Thomas.

(Been cruising for a lot of years and don't do ship's excursions any more.)

Yes, she said would refund if we don't dock but, as you said, they are trying to get up and running again and I feel morally obligated to let her know as soon as possible.

I'm not worried about having a great cruise- I'm sure we will.

I would just like to know where we'll be (might be the OCD or over-planner in me) :o

This totally makes sense. Unfortunately, until DCL makes the decision, there's really nothing you can do. Sorry.

I have been monitoring “ports of call” information available on Cruise Critic for several months. We have several upcoming DCL cruises, including on the Fantasy the week prior to the original poster. It’s a double Castaway Cay cruise and we hope she can dock at Castaway Cay successfully both times.

About a month after our Christmas cruise, we are cruising the Southern Caribbean on the Wonder out of San Juan, so I watch the “ports of call” section weekly to ensure we will be embarking from San Juan. These “ports of call” postings have been helpful and we are confident that we will be cruising out of San Juan in late January. (Port and our hotel are both operating).

As for Tortola, a post for this port recently reported that the first two ships to make port there are scheduled for December 6 and 7, 2017. They are both former RCI ships currently operated by Marella Cruises (formerly Thomson Cruises) and are roughly 1,300 passenger ships. The source for this post was a Facebook page titled BVI UK. It took me a bit to find the page, but it is out there.

This news is encouraging, although the Fantasy is far larger and that might have an impact on timing. I hope the Fantasy makes her Eastern Caribbean ports for the New Years Cruises. It’s very evident the people on the islands are anxious to see tourism return. We will take the Wonder back through the Eastern Caribbean back to Port Canaveral in February and are scheduled to stop in St. Thomas

To find information on Tortola on Cruise Critic, browse “Ports of Call”, “Caribbean, and then “Tortola”.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got an email from Disney - we are going to St. Maarten instead of Tortola.

The rest of the itinerary remains the same as it was.

As I said before - this is kind of strange because currently our February Eclipse cruise has us going to St. Thomas instead of the original itinerary which was to St. Maarten.

Oh well - at least I have something definite .

Just got an email from Disney - we are going to St. Maarten instead of Tortola.

The rest of the itinerary remains the same as it was.

As I said before - this is kind of strange because currently our February Eclipse cruise has us going to St. Thomas instead of the original itinerary which was to St. Maarten.

Oh well - at least I have something definite .

we loved st maarten..

we did a fabulous catamaran and snorkeling excursion there (when we were there on the allure of the seas).

i believe it was called the golden eagle...

one of the best excursions we ever did!!