Hotels for Manhattan Cruise Terminal

johnrich

We will be sailing from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal on NCL Escape. We are thinking of driving in the day before. If we stay near Newark Airport, will we be close enough to get an Uber or Lyft to the terminal on a Sunday morning? (I checked Uber’s fare estimate and it states ~$45). We chose Newark as they have several hotels that offer the park, sleep, and fly packages and we thought that would be cheaper than leaving the car parked at the terminal for the whole week.

Any suggestions or other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be sailing from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal on NCL Escape. We are thinking of driving in the day before. If we stay near Newark Airport, will we be close enough to get an Uber or Lyft to the terminal on a Sunday morning? (I checked Uber’s fare estimate and it states ~$45). We chose Newark as they have several hotels that offer the park, sleep, and fly packages and we thought that would be cheaper than leaving the car parked at the terminal for the whole week.

Any suggestions or other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Trinityreservations.com has a Park/sleep for 3 people at the Ramada Plaza for $168 tax included or Springhill Suites for $186 tax included with breakfast.

Did you look at the park/sleep/cruise packages at the Hilton Gardens and Hampton Inn in Ridgefield Park NJ? These provide the parking, hotel room and round trip port transportation.

Can you please share the package for couples regarding the same?

I need the ship/exact date of your cruise. Did you look at the trinity site selecting Newark? There are other options that include transfers to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, but they tend to be pricey.

To repeat I need your ship and exact sail date. Where are you coming from?

What kind of budget are you thinking? The $168 range for a hotel room and parking for up to $14 days is a steal. The Hampton Inn and Hilton Gardens park/sleep/cruise packages are actually very reasonable. Transportation from Newark Airport to Manhattan is not cheap. It all adds up. The only way to keep your costs down is to be able to manage your luggage so you can take public transit.

Trinityreservations.com has a Park/sleep for 3 people at the Ramada Plaza for $168 tax included or Springhill Suites for $186 tax included with breakfast.

Did you look at the park/sleep/cruise packages at the Hilton Gardens and Hampton Inn in Ridgefield Park NJ? These provide the parking, hotel room and round trip port transportation.

Thanks so much 138east! I booked the Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park today. Ended up being $299. That includes the hotel, parking while we’re on the cruise, breakfast, and round trip transportation to the Cruise Terminal. We love SpringHill Suites and usually stay at hotels under the Marriott umbrella but I read some good reviews on some other sites about this Hampton Inn and like that they have the shuttle to pick us up and bring us back. Less worrying about Uber.