On Westerdam now - great decor, good refurb

Stuteley

On deck 4, first time on Westerdam. Beautiful ship, on par in many ways with Cunard ships. Usual HAL touches, like artwork and fresh flowers, great friendly staff. All new features excellent, and lots and lots of port info (not just shopping stuff like on RCI and Celebrity (IMHO)). New Explorations Lounge great, only mistake is putting Customer Services on deck 1 with terrible furniture around. Like the Riljuseum there, but place a little empty and unused - needs a coffee shop there. Food and entertainment up to usual HAL standard.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I thought there was a coffee bar mixed in with the regular bar in the Crow's Nest???

Yes, the Explorations Cafe was included in the Crow's Nest bar. We were on the Westerdam in November and were disappointed with the Crow's Nest changes. It used to be a place where you could go and watch the world go by while reading a book, or just to enjoy the peace and quiet. Now the seating arrangements are such that you often have to speak quite loudly to be heard - resulting in everyone in close proximity becoming a part of your conversation whether they want to or not. The "library" is at one end of the Crow's Nest and contained some reference books and a few table-top type books, nothing more.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Seems like a few have been basing their opinions on just a few pictures.They're not fans of the "Koningsdamising"(my word not theirs)of several HAL ships.

No, they are basing their opinions on reliable reports that the Crow's Nest has all but disappeared and the library is in name only. They are also basing their reports on what they have already seen on, for instance, the Oosterdam, which a year ago was in the process of being transformed, as well as what they have been told by the ships' officers.

No, they are basing their opinions on reliable reports that the Crow's Nest has all but disappeared and the library is in name only. They are also basing their reports on what they have already seen on, for instance, the Oosterdam, which a year ago was in the process of being transformed, as well as what they have been told by the ships' officers.

Actually, I based my opinions - still keeping an open mind till I sail in April, however - on reports from the ship, as well as a couple of excellent videos on Youtube. Not just a few photos.

For Library issue: Download 1000 books, problem solved.

One of us has advanced technologically and has an iPad mini loaded with approx 1,000 books; the other, still likes the feel of a book in his hands and the sound of pages turning.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

As long as I can sip a glass of good wine, while sitting in a nice comfy chair and looking out at a spectacular view--I think I'll be just fine!!
Was on the Westerdam this summer(post-drydock)and liked her very much. Going on a Panama Canal cruise on her next spring.Can't wait.

As long as I can sip a glass of good wine, while sitting in a nice comfy chair and looking out at a spectacular view--I think I'll be just fine!!

I spent 37 days on the W in Oct/Nov. Unfortunately, one finds it difficult to find a comfy chair or a decent glass of wine in the "new" Crow's Nest. Seating with a view has been reduced by half, and the downsized bar offers limited wine choices.

I spent 37 days on the W in Oct/Nov. Unfortunately, one finds it difficult to find a comfy chair or a decent glass of wine in the "new" Crow's Nest. Seating with a view has been reduced by half, and the downsized bar offers limited wine choices.

Fortunately, I believe the Amsterdam's library and the Crows Nest is to be spared the Westerdam's makeover.

I agree with you 100%, 24 night Med in October, I went up to the Crows Nest 2X, the line up was so long for specialty coffee, that we left. Ocean Bar Crew certainly reaped the benefits tho [emoji484]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with you 100%, 24 night Med in October, I went up to the Crows Nest 2X, the line up was so long for specialty coffee, that we left. Ocean Bar Crew certainly reaped the benefits tho [emoji484]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I get why people like the view from the Crow's Nest..but it's not like it's the only place with a bar(and a view) on the Westerdam.

I get why people like the view from the Crow's Nest..but it's not like it's the only place with a bar(and a view) on the Westerdam.

True, hence Ocean Bar references. Crows Nest is the only one I’m aware of with a forward panoramic view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True, hence Ocean Bar references. Crows Nest is the only one I’m aware of with a forward panoramic view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Ocean Bar offers perhaps 18 seats along the windows, and it was packed to the rafters every night with Crow's Nest refugees.

Hi fellow cruisers !

Pictures anyone ?

I will be onboard in nine days from now. For an eastern caribbean cruise.

I've got a deal of lifetime for a aft corner Neptune suite..!

Last April (also in a Neptune suite) we do not have access to the Crows Nest due to renovation.

I am anxious to see this live and in colors !

Holacanada from Quebec City