Empress Redeployment

I saw that on the dates May 4/2018- April 29/19 on the Majesty there is a grand suite 2 bedroom. Up to 6 people 377 sq. feet. 1 Queen bed, 1 single sofa, 3 bunk beds! Not the greatest sleeping arrangements available. Cost??

I did a mock booking for a JS (2 people) which included the BOGO sale @ $3,225.92 total for the room, which included $125 OBC but, of course, does not include grats or insurance. I could not do a mock booking of the 2 bedroom grande suite, which it did show a base price of $1,303.00 per person for 4 people in the room but, when I clicked on it, it said that the room was unavailable.:( So, it looks like it would be in the neighborhood of around $4,000.00 total (at least that's my take).:rolleyes:

I called the regular Crown and Anchor number last night to talk about my Jewel reservation. When done I asked about the Empress one and she was able to help me. That done, I may call resolutions today and see about switching the reservation to either Enchantment or a later cruise that goes to Havana/Keywest. < I could have gotten a lot better deal on Cyber Monday.

I called the regular Crown and Anchor number last night to talk about my Jewel reservation. When done I asked about the Empress one and she was able to help me. That done, I may call resolutions today and see about switching the reservation to either Enchantment or a later cruise that goes to Havana/Keywest. < I could have gotten a lot better deal on Cyber Monday.

What was the outcome of their help? Have you been re-booked on Majesty and in same/similar category at the same price? Maybe I should try C&A since I still have seen nothing and my booking remains unchanged.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FYI, That number was the resolutions Desk, when I gave them my reservation number I was told I was tied to CONSUMER OUTREACH and given 866-506-7245 Consumer Outreach.

My reservation has been updated, I'm going to call these numbers again, Wish me luck. I'll report back.

I looked at "My Cruise" account to check on our 7 OV cabin reservations and they were, in fact, all transferred successfully from the Empress to the Majesty!!! Yay!!! Success!!!:') The balance owed is also a few dollars cheaper too; however, that may get corrected once the invoices are emailed (hope not)!;)

One of our couples decided to upgrade from the OV to a JS, so I just called the redeployment number #888-281-9344 and Robert was able to make that change for me!!:cool: So, I am now much more relaxed about these reservations, unless, of course, our beloved Prez decides not to let Americans go to Cuba again!!:rolleyes:

Well, I guess I'm not a good negotiator. I've moved myself to the same sailing date, but Enchantment out of Port Canaveral. It's good enough, I'll get back to Key West some other time, maybe try Empress at a later date.

What Royal did for me:

Waived change fees, Moved over my non-refundable deposit and $170 future cruise credit.

I'm not normally a complainer, but I had a short time to use that $170 credit or lose it. I would have preferred OBC for an exiting cruise, or at least a year to use the credit.

In the short time I had, I booked a ship I hadn't tried visiting Key West for the first time in a long time, first since last summer's hurricane.

In a reasonable amount of time Royal notified me that the ship and itinerary had changed. I heard they were running behind on moving these reservations, no doubt it was a big task. What made it bad was on Cyber Monday there was a great sale for the cruise I ended up booking, but lost out on because my reservation was locked. This cost me about $200.

I pleaded nicely for some compensation because of losing the sale, but all I got was a fruit and cheese plate :)

This has been very frustrating indeed. I ended up calling Redeployment today and initially got stonewalled completely. Nobody is saying what is going on with the 10/1 cruise but they had not moved my reservation and both the Empress and Majesty sailings are Closed so they could not update manually or tell me why? The lovely young lady I spoke with sensed my frustration but did not offer any solution. In the end after a lot of back and forth, we are moving our cruise over to the Brilliance of the Seas, also out of Tampa and with the original itinerary we booked. With price protection, the cruise came up a few dollars less due to a change in tax or port fees.

This has been very frustrating indeed. I ended up calling Redeployment today and initially got stonewalled completely. Nobody is saying what is going on with the 10/1 cruise but they had not moved my reservation and both the Empress and Majesty sailings are Closed so they could not update manually or tell me why? The lovely young lady I spoke with sensed my frustration but did not offer any solution. In the end after a lot of back and forth, we are moving our cruise over to the Brilliance of the Seas, also out of Tampa and with the original itinerary we booked. With price protection, the cruise came up a few dollars less due to a change in tax or port fees.

Well now, that is just too weird!:confused: Sounds like you came out okay though! Happy cruising!:cool:

Pretty pricey fruit and cheese plate!:rolleyes: Now, I'm just sad that you won't be joining our little group!:( I was hoping to see you again at the belly flop contest!!;) Happy cruising my friend!!:cool:

Maybe someday. Enjoy Navigator and the ABC's I loved both.

I need your help

1 we are booked on the Empress Sept 17

2 we have note received any notification of any change to the Majesty

If you have a copy of the email please post

3 I don’t want to go on the Majesty to Costa Maya I want Key West

4 the Brilliance goes the same dates and to Key West

5 Royal want to charge us a change fee $200 as we booked Nonrefundable.

If you can help us please send us your information.

Thank you

Did you have a non refundable deposit. We want to move to The a Brilliance but redeployment is being very mean to me

This was the email that I received for our October 24-29, 2018 itinerary to Key West, Cuba, and Cozumel, changing ships from Empress to Majesty:

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

logo_hero.png ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that due to deployment changes within our fleet, we have changed the ship for your upcoming cruise to Majesty of the Seas. The date of your sailing, your itinerary, embarkation port, and cabin category will all remain the same. Majesty will deliver all the great amenities you were going to experience on Empress plus Johnny Rockets, Splashaway Bay, a Sports Court, and additional lounges.

In order to accommodate this change in our system, your sailing will undergo maintenance and will be closed through November 20. During this time, your booking will not be accessible online or through our call center. Rest assured that your existing booking will be moved over to the new ship and as of November 21 you can make any changes you would like. Thank you for understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard and we know you will have an amazing adventure.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

frame.pnglogo_footer.png ©2017 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132 USA

We had a "refundable" deposit and our balances ended up a little less due to decreased port taxes/fees.

Edited by SilkySal
add

I need your help

5 Royal want to charge us a change fee $200 as we booked Nonrefundable.

If you can help us please send us your information.

Thank you

The only real success was I got the change fee waived. I didn't even think to look at Brilliance. At the very least they should do this, there is precedent that they did this for others, including me.

We were booked for Empress on 10/1 and non-refundable, but there is something going on with this particular sail date which may be why it’s handled differently. Our booking was not moved to Majesty automatically and the Redeployment team couldn’t do it manually because the Majesty sailing is “Closed” which may be why they offered the option to change ships. The cabin is similar, but not exact, category and location. There was no fee...and I was given price protection which allowed me to keep my original invoiced price, but the difference wasn’t much in this case. If you call RCI Redeployment team they should be able to give you the options for your sailing...888-281-9344

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks to to thread, my TA was on a back to back cruise, i told that my May sailing had changed before your second cruise left the US. The Rccl onboard had no recorded of change and kept telling her I was still on Empress. I called the Numbers on this Thread and found out she had a small window of 3 days left to get me moved to another cabin, because os this thread my May cruise is set, although I don't like the fact that they moved me to Fwd of ship, I like to be in the muddle.